Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of VBAK-KTEXT in sales orders

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I thinking of utilizing field VBAK-KTEXT for sales orders. I'd like to keep some custom information in this field.

I have an sales order having value of VBAK-KTEXT populated. However I do not see this field/value in TA like VA03.

Can someone share an experience with this field? Is there also BAPI available I can manipulate the content of the field from program?

thanks,

m./

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

VBAK-KTEXT is available in Contract(VA41) as a Description Field in the Sales Header Tab. This field can be used to store the information about an agreement made with the customer or any related information for classification.

We have been using this field to populate the type of the agreement like Onsite, offshore e.t.c.

Hope it helps.

with regards,

S Dayananda Murthy

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dayananda, do you know if the field mentioned can be used in sales orders (VA01)? Or is ti solely used by Contracts?

thanks

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I think it is also available as a Description Field in the Sales order Under Sales Tab.

Just check.

with regards,

S Dayananda Murthy

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dayananda,

As per my system (EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0) there is no description field in Sales Order transaction (VA03):

Whereas it is available in Contract (VA43):

So I'm closing this thread with conclusion that  VBAK-KTEXT is only used in Contracts and not in sales orders. Thanks for your help!

m./