cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a date range instead of using date data values from datasource in charts

0 Kudos

Currently, when creating a chart in Analysis for Office, the tool will always use the values of the date data retrieved from data source, instead of creating a date range.

When we manually remove the single quote(') from each cell of date column then the chart is showing date but it is not retained after save/reopen.

Please find the attached document for details and my requirement.

Is there any work around to fix this problem?

SAP recommendation is :

As a workaround, maybe you could use a

script/macro in Excel to run with the workbook and remove those

apostrophes. However, this will not prevent the data cells to be

retrieved with apostrophes again when reinserting/refreshing the data

source, as this is how AO manipulate the data cells.

As per SAP this is by design and submitted IDEA for this.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=74624057-8A9E-4511-844E-2399DFBF5EE8&idea_id={A2EB5384...

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I already had a similar question from an user.

The solution I proposed - and the only I know - would be to use the Excel formula = DATEVALUE() in another column after the actual query and format this as "Date". When using e.g. the Excel Filter it will show it as correct dates and also groups it, in Year - Month - Day format structure.

Of course this can only be used if your drill-down is fix and your special column cannot be overwritten ... but even in that way you deed to determine the length of the report to always fill the formula in additional lines if the result is longer than before.

Summary: There is "real" solution for this ... only Workarounds 😞

Regards, Martin