cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward Email Validation

Former Member

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to validate an email as below in the rule and getting the below error:

"Data Services execution failed for [-Knproftsid0, -Knprofrnid-1, -Knprofprid-1, -Knprofsrun0, -Knprofprll, -Knprofvrn1188, -z"C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\errorLog_JOB_TEST_RULE_17_530948533329166.txt", -CSV"$$InformationStewardDSTaskUniqueID=MF8w;", -CSV"$$ISRunID=LTQyOTQ5NjcyOTY;", -CSV"$$sv_task_subrun=MF8w;", -sJOB_TEST_RULE_17, -ForceEngineRuntimeToUTF16]. Error :

(14.2) 08-20-14 14:53:44 (E) (6916:8648) RUN-050319: |Data flow DF_TEST_RULE_17|Transform Query2|Function BD5D9B7D-811C-428E-8855-5D0AD04946D8_Local Invalid value <%[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+@([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+.)+ (com|org|edu|nz|au])%> passed for pattern parameter in function <match_pattern>. (COR-10690)"

Please help me in this I am using the below syntax and it is getting validated but when I am trying to test it, it is giving the above error:

IF(match_pattern($email LIKE '%[a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+@([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+\.)+  (com|org|edu|nz|au])%')) RETURN TRUE;

ELSE RETURN FALSE;

END

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

DJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi All,

I got the solution:

BEGIN

IF(match_regex($email, '[a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+@([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+\.)+(com|org|edu|nz|au)', null)) RETURN TRUE;

ELSE RETURN FALSE;

END

Now it is working fine.

Thanks Niels for your reply.

Regards,

DJ

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I would use the match_regexp function.

In SCN there is an article from Ina Felsheim where you can find an example. Found it easily by using Google with search terms '"Information Steward" email validation'.

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-information-management/blog/2013/10/17/information-steward-4...

You might want to slightly adjust the expression shown in that article as a screenshot to your requirements.

Niels