cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio won't Display on BI Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, please try to open the attached xml files on microsoft word. it didnt allow me to post docx.

We have BO 4.1 SP4 fresh installation on windows server 2008. We also installed BI Add-on 1.3 (SP1) for design studio and BO explorer. Everything is supposed to be installed with no error messages.

We developed some very basic design studio dashboards (with data sources and without data sources). We have no problem executing them locally. However, when we publish them to BI launchpad, it displays a very long error message.

I realized, this may be due to BO explorer-BI add on for DS conflict and BI add-on possible didn't create the necessary servers. Initially when we opened the published dashboards, it gave the attached error1.xml . I digged the error message and on CMC/servers tried creating Analysis Application Service (APS) under Analysis Services server group. After that, the error message on BI Launchpad turned to attached error2.xml .

I did some digging and tried to create an Adaptive Connectivity Service under Connectivity Services server group but it didn't create initially. There was a bug and we followed note (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2003628 ) worked around it and finally created the server. However, the error message is still the error2.

I tried repairing BI Add-on installation, it didn't change anything. I also went in to modify installation and made sure everything is chosen to be installed.

One more thing: published dashboards are also not visible on SAP BI Mobile application.

Does any one know how to solve this issue? Are we on the right track that this is a server issue that the BI Add-on setup forgot create?

Thank you all in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even this is an old post, but in search engine it displayed one among the top link. So below i am giving the Issue solved link. http://scn.sap.com/message/16022162#16022162

Thanks

Saurav Kumar Suman

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emre

I recall when I installed DS on our BI 4.1 SP2 system, the Analysis Application Service is not added to the Adaptive Processing Server (APS) automatically, I had to manually include the service into the APS for it to work correctly.

To make the dashboards visible to the BI Mobile applications, you must assign the category "Mobile" to the dashboards.

Regards

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Derek Fox / Emre Tamer,

I also have the same issue at one customer place. Design Studio is not opening from BI launchpad, (Cursor keep on moving finally session goes over nothing is showing others like WEBI are working). While i am able to create and save to BIP platform and able to test it locally.

Can you please tell how to fix this issue.

currently i am at BI 4.1 SP 4 Patch 1, Design Studio 1.5.

Note : Here client has APS split into  many APS for better performance suggested by SAP earlier, and having new design studio installation. kindly give steps how to do.

Thanks

Saurav Kumar Suman

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav - this is an old thread; I recommend creating a new thread in the BI platform space describing your details