cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to sort data in reading mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

When user view WEBI reports in reading mode, are there any options or API that allow them to sort the information as their desire? User should not switch to design mode for just to sort the data.

Currently, I'm on BI 4.0.

Please share your ideas!!

Thanks,

Daro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

via a work around you might do it.

CHeck out to dynamically rank your table, (ranking 100% is the same as sort http://scn.sap.com/people/michael.thompson/blog/2010/04/02/input-controls-to-dynamically-rank-tables

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183904
Participant
0 Kudos

is it always 1 column they wanted in sorting or all the columns without going to design mode? you could create an input control on it to sort by alphabetical order. if its number use formulas Tonumber and it will make it in sort order.

former_member207878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daro,

You can sort the values in read Mode without having Admin privileges. You just need to select that column and Click on Sort button like Microsoft Word. To see "Sort" option, you have to open the Report toolbar as below;

Open any Document->View->Toolbar->Report

Now Report toolbar is visible and you will get "Sort" option there. Now click on any column you want to sort and after that click on SORT button in Report toolbar.

Try it and let us know if you face any issues.

Cheers,

Sahil

former_member210032
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daro,

Cannot sort in a webi document in Read mode,but

you can sort with the help of input control in read mode.

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daro KH,

You cannot sort in a webi document in Read mode and i guess even BO Admin may not be able to help in this case

Thanks,

Javeed

0 Kudos

Hi Daro KH,

Yes, Its possible to sort the data, provided the user must be granted sufficient privileges.

Please do contact the BO Admin Team, they will sort out your issue.

Regards,

Bansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bansi,

I have sufficient privileges but I don't know the option where I can sort out my data aside from switching back to Design mode. Can u show me on how to do it in Reading mode?

Thanks,

Daro