cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving an 'Error formatting cross-tab object' error when paging through preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report with two subreports in the group footer.  One of the subreports contains a cross-tab report.  When I preview the report as a whole, occasionally I get an error formatting cross-tab object and then no more pages of the report are displayed.  If instead I choose to export the report to pdf, Crystal Reports crashes.  Any ideas on what might be causing these problems?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Please search for the below kbase notes

1.1212875 - "Error formatting crosstab object" received when previewing a Report

2.1214209 - Err Msg: "Error formatting crosstab object"

There may be chance that you are not added sufficient items to cross tab.

Please let me know if your issue does not get resolved with these resolutions.

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give me further instructions on how to find these knowledge base articles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

You find here:  SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search | SAP Support Portal

You can access any notes please provide  SAP User ID AND PASSWORd.

Resolution for 1214209

http://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/convert2pdf/0001214209?sap-language=EN

Thanks,

DJ

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, you can search for them by entering the KBA number in the search box in the top right  corner of this web page. KBA 1214209 comes up fine. KBA 1212875 does not, but it's not really applicable.

While we are at the search box, see if a search term like 'crystal cross tab' (or something like that) bring up other KBAs.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still receiving this error even after following the instructions in KBA 1214209.  Any other suggestions?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you be able to attach the report with saved data? If so, rename the rpt extension to txt. Do a reply, click on "Use advanced editor" and attach.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file is attached.  Error around page 93

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talked with support and the section keep together setting and the group keep together setting must both be set.  When I set the section and validated the group, the error went away.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if this is the issue:

The report has four subreports. Three of the subreports have a similar issue to the one above. Specifically, the report objects are spilling beyond the report design pane... A design like this is an absolute no, no.

See if you can adjust the subreports, such that no objects spill out of the report design pane. Then test the report.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you SO much for posting the solution even though it didn't come through the thread. You just saved me a fistful of hair!

Answers (0)