cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report active x viewer not displaying in chrome, Firefox and IE(10,11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a web application in classic asp and for reporting I am using Crystal Report 11.5 in the application. When I am trying to print the report, the crystal report viewer(crystalreportviewers115) is not displaying in Chrome, Firefox and IE (10, 11) .But it is working properly in IE 7, 8, 9. Please provide a solution. Do i need to change my asp code?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neither Chrome, nor FireFox support ActiveX directly. Reading the contents on this link http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/can-chrome-use-activex-34548.html:

While Google Chrome doesn't directly support ActiveX controls, you can still use them by incorporating a workaround.

Some of those work-arounds (I've never tried any of these myself):

How to activate ActiveX for Google Chrome & Firefox for Single Sign On Feature for RD Web Ac...

Google Groups

And there are other resources - google 'ActiveX Chrome'.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

Legacy SDK so moved to Legacy SDK forum.

For IE and other try setting it to Compatibility mode, may work for the new browsers.

Or update to CR .NET Assemblies and use ASP.NET in VS 2010/2012 or 2013.

Download the CR plug-in from here:

Also note you cannot use Express versions of VS since they don't support plug-ins.

Don

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try using the report object instead the viewer, you can use its PrintToPrinter property in other to print and using the viewer control for just viewing (maybe adding another print button for that matter).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently in the shape to give support crystal report 11.5 with chrome browser.

I am also using classic ASP code. I need to know does it supports chrome?

If yes plz help me in this regard, what changes I need to do?

Can I use Activex control for Chrome, since it doesn't support it directly?

Thanks,

SMA

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, no support for Chrome. You may want to try the following config of Chrome, but if that does not work, time to update the app to use the CR SDK for VS .NET or the CR SDK for Eclipse.

How to activate ActiveX for Google Chrome & Firefox for Single Sign On Feature for RD Web Ac...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See some needful threads:

These threads workaround by Don & Ludek...Both shares excellent information matches your requirement..

Please check the above threads after give more updates.

Thanks,

DJ