cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation HANA failed:Waiting for sapstartsrv failed: timeout reached (120)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, experts,

I'm trying to install SAP HANA server(sps07) on some VMs.

But it failed several times on some of the VMs,and it shows that:

Installing components...

Installing SAP HANA Database ...

Creating System...

Executing SAP HANA instance failed!

Installation failed

Installation of SAP HANA Database failed

Installation failed

error installing

Cannot create Instance

Cannot start sapstartsrv

Waiting for sapstartsrv failed: timeout reached (120)

Log file written to '/var/tmp/hdb_HN1_hdblcm_install_2014-10-02_10.55.06/hdblcm.log'.

And then I check the /var/tmp/hdb_HN1_hdblcm_install_2014-10-02_10.55.06/hdblcm.log, the error message are:

10:55:33.312 - INFO:       Output line 23: Creating System...

11:02:36.128 - INFO:       Output line 24: Installation failed

11:02:36.128 - INFO:       Output line 25:   error installing

11:02:36.128 - INFO:       Output line 26:     Cannot create Instance

11:02:36.128 - INFO:       Output line 27:       Cannot start sapstartsrv

11:02:36.128 - INFO:       Output line 28:         Waiting for sapstartsrv failed: timeout reached (120) 11:02:36.206 - ERR :     Installation of SAP HANA Database failed

11:02:36.206 - ERR : Installation failed

11:02:36.206 - ERR : Executing SAP HANA instance failed!

11:02:36.206 - ERR :   Executing SAP HANA instance failed!

11:02:36.206 - ERR :     Installation failed

11:02:36.206 - ERR :       Installation of SAP HANA Database failed

And I checked the /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/sapstartsrv.log, the error message are:

[Thr 140023206184800] *** ERROR => SemRel: Inv. Operation. Units 1. Key=1004 [semux0_mt.c  1393]

[Thr 140023206184800] *** ERROR => Unable to open /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/descriptors.d

[Thr 140023146432256] *** ERROR => SemRel: Inv. Operation. Units 1. Key=1004 [semux0_mt.c  1393]

[Thr 140023206184800] *** ERROR =>   secudessl_Create_SSL_CTX():  PSE "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sec/SAPSSLS.pse": File not found! [ssslsecu_mt. 1793]

[Thr 140023206184800] *** ERROR => SapISSLAddCredential(): Error SSSLERR_PSE_ERROR trying to create SERVER Credential

[Thr 140023206184800] *** ERROR => Initialization of SSL library failed -- NO SSL available!

[Thr 140023206184800] <<- ERROR: SapSSLInit(read_profile=1)==SSSLERR_PSE_ERROR

So, I do not know what’s going on here, would somebody help me?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem, but after the restart the sapinit service from the YaST2 installation goes further. Good luck!

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi

This looks like a fresh installation error

Installation failed

error installing

Cannot create instance

Cannot start sapstartsrv

Waiting for sapstartsrv failed

The likely cause of this error are as follows:

1) Are you installing as the root user? Does the user have enough privilege for the installation directories

and hostctrl folder?

2) The problem can also be due to incorrect configuration on the OS level (Linux OS...)

After reinstallation and after re-mounting the HANA file system correctly the installation should be

successful

3) It can also be caused be insufficient memory. Please double check and upgrade the memory on your system

4) Upgrade the SAP Host Agent and check the host agent status by running:

saphostexec -status

under /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/

5) The downloaded file is corrupted.  Check the file against the checksum and see if it is the same.

Otherwise download everything again and this time check that all files are present

6) Try with manual installer - hdbinst from the installation directory

SAP HANA Academy - SAP HANA installation: 10. RHEL - Installation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQw4U2kNE4

Hope this information helps

Kind Regards,

Kingsley

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

This error message just informing you that you have not made any setup for the SSL communication with the SAP Host Agent. If you do not need a SSL connection to the SAP Host Agent you may safely ignore this message.
The SSL configuration steps are described on :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/6a/ac42c2e742413da050eaecd57f785d/content.htm?frame...

and regarding the message:

*** ERROR => SemRel: Inv. Operation. Units 1. Key=1004

The error is related to the situation when CCMS agent releases a lock (semaphore) for shared memory - the agent is detaching the shared memory and the shared memory already does not exist - the lock is already released. Then the layer handling the semaphores writes this error log into sapstartsrv.log. This can happen, because the CCMS agent is trying to recognize existence of CCMS monitoring segment in the shared memory by trying to attach it and read some possible runtime values to learn about another agent during the startup. If the monitoring segment does not exist, the agent creates it. Of course in between such error is written into sapstartsrv.log, because the agent closes the segment after the 'check'. So it happens in startup phase and does not causes or indices any error state.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar error during install

Installing components...

Installing SAP HANA Database ...

Creating System...

Executing SAP HANA instance failed!

Installation failed

Installation failed

error installing

Cannot create Instance

Cannot start sapstartsrv

Waiting for sapstartsrv failed: timeout reached (120)

How do i overcome the timeout failure, or how do I restart so it can continue

I was working with a consultant on Friday, and he overcame the error, but of course he is not available today, and I'm trying to get through this.

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are also facing the same issue while installing SAP HANA SPS9 Rev 91 in our landscape.

we have tried upgrading Host Agent, but that did not help.

we have also tried downloading the software again and used gui mode (hdblcmgui) as well as command line.

Thanks

Arun