cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Engineer or Import of RDF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an RDF file (that I've saved as an .XSD) I'd like to get into a PowerDesigner XML model so that I can look at possibly using some of the structures.

When I try to Reverse Engineer the file as an XSD, I get an error saying the file is not a valid XSD. I'm assuming this is because of the RDF tags in the file.

I've looked around some for a tool to convert an RDF file into a typical XML file but haven't found such a thing.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you speak about Oracle Report files *.rdf (Report Definition file)- Command Line Options ?

Do you speak about RDF (Resource description Framework) - RDF - Semantic Web Standards ?

What's the origin of your .rdf files ?

Thank,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm speaking of Resource Description Framework.

The origin of the RDF files I'm looking at is schema.org - schema.rdfs.org - Home

This effort is about marking up web pages for search, but I'm intrigued by the definition of the concepts in the schema Schemas - schema.org

If the schemas are to some extent being commonly used by Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc., I'd like to get it into a model to evaluate whether parts of it might be useful from a messaging perspective as a Canonical model.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PowerDesigner does not offer functionality modelers to build and share concepts, taxonomies and ontologies detailed (Ontology Definition Metamodel) with media for the Web Ontology Language (OWL) and the Resource Description Framework (RDF).

The only one modeler software I know to do this task is Sparx Enterprise Architect. You can-have more information here:http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/10/getting_started/the_add_ins_menu.html.

You can find many web pages on the subject on the Sparx Web Site.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've asked SAP about RDF support before, and I was told that they haven't seen much demand for it. If there is demand, they're likely to build support via whichever type of model is best suited. If Sparx can do it so can we .

If you want RDF support, please let SAP know, either by raising an enhancement request on ISUG (see my earlier blog entries), or directly via your account manager.

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

maybee this will help you: Simplified syntax mapping RDF to XML