cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Setup Language Error ( BOBJ client Install 4.1 SP04)

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I download the client tools files from market place for BOBJ 4.1 SP04. When i run the install it shows up the pop up box to select language

It is showing up with # sign e.g. #en# and even the ok and cancel button have # signs with them, when i hit 'ok', it shows up the error "Invalid Setup Language validation error".

Any ideas?

Sheikh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheikh,

The download gives you a ZIP, which MUST be properly un-zipped into an TEMP ( c:\temp\) location.  Then you need to run the file.   If you are getting error's during the UN-ZIP that means the download files has issues and you need to download it again.

Also try running the file on another system to make sure it is working.  You also need to determine if the problem is with the Windows Server &.or the download file.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

I shorten the path to c:/TEMP as ajay suggested and it worked -

I had to re-download the client tools installs from market place and unzip and shoten the path and now my client tools are installed !!

Thanks Guys

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It looks like the setup you have downloaded is corrupt OR the files were not extracted properly.

try downloading them again > extract it manually using a zip utility and run the setup.exe

-Nikhil Nair

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Nikil,

you brought up a good point - i was not extracting the file-- literally just going in and running the exe... but when i extracted the file it giving me an error for alot of file that the path is too long and stuff .

What should i do in your opinion

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shorten the path into which you extracted the archive.