cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Websites with NWBC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to pin websites with NWBC 5.0?

It is possible to pin it and it is saved in this file: ***_NWBC.tabs

But on restart of NWBC the pinned Website isn't there anymore and it also disappear from the file.

In NWBC 4.0 it works.

Sincerely,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

there is no technical difference in the pinning mechanism between 4.0 and 5.0. Maybe its critical to run both clients in parallel, because they are using the same files.

As you already found out that the pinned tabs are stored in *.tabs files you can check easily by yourself what happens if you pin a tab.

Start NWBC 5.0, pin a tab and then open the file which exactly fits to your connection. Check the attributes ... especially "pinned". This should be "True".

Then close NWBC, start again and connect to the same system with same user, and same client,

The pinned tab should be there. If not check the file again.

A tab were the pinned attribute is true will never be deleted from the file. Only tabs which are not pinned will be removed during closing procedure, or at least after restarting the file again.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

for that reason I have uninstalled NWBC 4.0 to check out if this is the reason, but there is no change.

If I pin a homepage, like Fiori, there is this line in the *.tabs file:

<tab id="2fade8b9-b618-4313-90e8-a4b227801dd9" connection="&lt;www&gt;" client="" user="" nodeId="QL:https://SERVER/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html" title="Home" url="https://SERVER/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html" favicon="application16x16" type="Normal" canvastype="BrowserURL" pinned="True" current="True" />

Seems to be okay. After closing all the non-pinned tabs are deleted, this one is still in the file.

But if I reopen NWBC only the other pinned tabs are shown and this one is deleted from the file.

Pinning tabs is working for everything, besides for websites.

Edit: I tried to find out why the website pinning with NWBC 4.0 is working and in version 5.0 not and this is what I found:

In NWBC 5.0 the tab is saved like this: <tab id="2fade8b9-b618-4313-90e8-a4b227801dd9" connection="&lt;www&gt;" client="" user=""...

While NWBC 4.0 saves links like this: <tab id="7aa69b2f-c9d1-4a25-8e6e-a6eaa1682387" connection="SYSTEM" client="CLIENTID" user="USER"

If I pin websites with NWBC 4.0 and open NWBC 5.0 it opens the pinned website.

But if I pin a website with NWBC 5.0 it will be deleted at the start of NWBC, doesn't matter witch version.

Have somebody tried this out yet?

Best Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

this is definitly a bug in NWBC 5.0. You already analyzed it perfectly. In 4.0 the pinned tab is stored with the correct system ID, client and user, whereas in 5.0 the connection is simply wrong and client + user are not filled.

All tabs which are not fitting to connection, client and user (if there is a value) are filtered out. That's the reason why the tab in 5.0 gets deleted every time.

This will be fixed with next patch of NWBC 5.0.

Thanks for the hint.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

If you have installed both NWBC 4 and 5 on your computer, then you might experience some funny things. I experienced that my NWBC 4.0 didn´t remember the settings etc. This is because they probably were stored the same place as NWBC 5.0 and everytime i ran NWBC 5.0 it might reset my settings from NWBC 4.0.