cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV_X_SAVE Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

An upgrade has been applied to our Erec system taking us to 605 SP12. All of the relevant Notes have been applied. When logged on as an internal candidate, making a change to the Personal Data tab and then saving that info an internal error is logged in SLG1. It is possible to amend the data and navigate to the other roadmap elements and the data will persist. However in some instances it is possible for the Save button to work only for the error to occur when moving to another tab. Debugging has so far not revealed the exact cause of the issue or where the IV_X_SAVE indicator is being altered to the differing setting suggested in the error note.

Errors occurred during call of function module BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE

Message no. R11335

Diagnosis

The business partner BAPIs were called up incorrectly. The indicator IV_X_SAVE was given differing settings when the modules were called.

Within a LUW, the indicator must be consistently set or not set.

System Response

The indicator IV_X_SAVE should be set or not set once off. Up to COMMIT WORK the content of the field may not be changed, as problems will otherwise occur with the internal memory, thus leading to runtime errors.

Thanks

Jon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

This error comes if the commit work can't be executed.

Have you tried the ANST tool to check if there may be enhancements who could interfere the commit?

Info on that tool can be found here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/software-support-and-maintenance/blog/2013/08/31/sap-automated-note-sea...

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole

Thanks for the pointer. It's a new tool for me and I can see how useful it can be. However, so far I've not discovered how to use it to track the relevant steps that to lead to the error in the DEV Erecruitment candidate applicant cockpit when I access the system in the web browser.

Have you any pointers on how I can achieve this?

Cheers

Jon

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Did the tool show any enhancements used?

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. I got the tool sorted and it's proved very useful.

Tracked the issue down to an enhancement for post-exit implementation for method SAVE from WD  Component HRRCF_C_PERSONL_DATA_UI COMPONENTCONTROLLER. The implementation is using function module BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE,  which calls BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE with a default value of X on parameter IV_X_SAVE. Due to adjustments made to the LUW concepts for saving candidate data here, we are now calling BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE

with initial value on parameter IV_X_SAVE.