Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Adobe LiveCycle Designer to work with SAPGui 7.40

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

sorry if this is not the right forum for my question, but it is the closest I could find. I have the new SAPGui 7.40 for Windows installed which was released on Oct 8th, and I am trying to get it to work with Adobe LiveCycle Designer. At first I tried using the old version LiveCycle Designer 8, but I found that when I select a form in SE80 and then select the "Layout" tab the whole SAPGui commentlessly terminates. You could also say it crashes, only that there is no error message of whatever kind, neither displayed nor in the Windows event log. The whole SAPGui process in Windows just ends, along with any sessions that may have been open.

I thought that this is probably due to the combination of a brand-new SAPGui with an old LiveCycle Designer, so I tried installing the latest version 10.4 of LiveCycle Designer. Unfortunately, the result is just the same.

Seeing that there is no error message whatsoever, I am having a hard time guessing a place where to start looking for the cause. Could it be that SAPGui 7.40 is not compatible to LiveCycle Designer?

(My system is running Windows 7 with 8 GB RAM, so no bottleneck there.)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, today Patchlevel 2 for SAPGui 7.40 was released, and it fixes the issue. (see note  2138749) LiveCycle Designer 10.4 Patchlevel 1 works nicely for me with that one.

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the new.

It is ok.

Thierry

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

lionel_lacotte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Jens, you are right. I have this error !! But I haven't got any solution!! I uninstalled....reinstalled.... but nothing of nothing !!!

Someone can help me, please ?? SAP maybe !!

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Lionel

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have find a solution for your problem ?

I have the same.

Is the solution is to return to the version 8.0 of ALD ?

Thank you

Thierry

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

No and no. If you read my initial text carefully you will find that I was using 8.0 when the problem first occurred. Upgrading to 10.4 was a (futile) attempt to fix it.

I know of no solution yet.

lionel_lacotte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem... ADLC 10.4 (Patch 1) crashes SAP GUI 7.30 (Patch 11). Did you find a solution?? I become totaly crazy with it !!

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Lionel

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I do not. I think I remember it used to work in SAPGui 7.20, but apparently neither 7.30 nor 7.40, no matter what patch level.

The only new thing is that one time it did not crash silently, but produced a proper error message, saying:

Faulting application name: saplogon.exe, version: 7400.1.1.1098, time stamp: 0x54878f49

Faulting module name: sapoimgr.ocx, version: 7400.1.0.36, time stamp: 0x541f6e49

Exception code: 0xc0000417

Fault offset: 0x000121bb

Faulting process id: 0x10e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d034aed82f20e3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe

Faulting module path: c:\program files (x86)\sap\frontend\sapgui\sapoimgr.ocx

Report Id: 88f33ec3-a0a3-11e4-8c31-b00594f05d42

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im facing the same Error.

Tried nearly all Livecycle Designer Versions (9.0, 9.8, 10.4). Sometimes i get an Error Message like "SAP Logon for Windows stops working" with a Buffer Overflow Exception, and sometimes the GUI just disappears.

Did you find a solution for the Problem?

Cheers,

Sascha

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

No.

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have no solution yet. After installing patch level 1 of SAPGui 7.40 the problem persists.

But I have some new information on the matter: A consultant next table is using SAPGui 7.40 patchlevel 0 with LiveCycle Designer 8 on our very system, and it works! I know you have 10.4, and so do I, but as I wrote above, I used to start with 8 and only installed 10.4 when 8 failed just like 10.4 does, meaning that the exact version of LiveCycle Designer does not seem to matter.

So it must have to do with something else on the local system, but I cannot figure out what. Like me she has Windows 7 x64 and Adobe Reader 11 installed. I fail to see the difference to my system, but there must be one.

zfiori
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Jens

Did you solve the problem?

Now we've work with SAP GUI 740 (patch 1), Adobe Livecycle Designer 10.4 (patch 1).

It just 'crashed!', when using the 'layout' tab !

After the 'Operation Progress' dialog, the whole SAP GUI Crashed !

BTW, we've test with SAP GUI 730 (patch 11), Adobe Livecycle Designer 10.4 (patch 1).

It works perfectly!

Hope some SAP community administrator help the feedback the issue !

Thanks.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to implement the below Note(s) relevant to your adobe version:

SAP Note: 1781943 / 1693423/ 1953861

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

jensupetersen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion. I have Adobe Reader XI installed. Notes 1781943 and 1953861 appear to be addressing the same issue?! Both claim to add Adobe Reader 11 support and provide a new version of a CAB file. I found that the CAB file in 0001953861 has the higher version number, so I installed that one on the server (using transaction SNOTE) and the ACF 7.12 Patchlevel 45 patch  on my client computer (the link was at the very bottom of the note).

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Are you sure that this is related to my version of Adobe Reader, seeing that it is Adobe LiveCycle Designer that I am trying to use?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then, Please raise an OSS to SAP for the fix.

Regards,

Kiran