Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Path hyperlink in New window for Crystal Reports 2011

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a hyperlink for a File path location as a formulae for a field in Crystal Report (Its a PDF attachment hyperlink), The problem with this is when I export this report to SAP BOBJ 4.0 and when I run the report in the launchpad it opens in the same page . I want it to display in a new window .

Can you please let me know if there are any solutions for this.

Thanks,

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor

hi Navin,

when you create a new hyperlink using the Enterprise Hyperlink wizard ensure that you specify a New Window as per the following screen shot...

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this:

Thanks,

DJ

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

The Hyeprlink is a File Location not a Website or Internet .

Thanks,

Navin Chilla

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if these objects / pdf documents are not actually stored in your businessobjects enterprise  or crystal reports server repository, and if you require the new window functionality then you'll probably need to create a javascript function that will open them in a new window. you may to try to import one of the pdf's into your enterprise system and then use the hyperlink wizard shown above to test this out as an option.

the hyperlink wizard that i mentioned will open up repository objects...the selection name for "A Website On The Internet" is a bit misleading as it's really intended for those repo objects and not for external sites.

one other option may be to use OLE functionality...i'm not sure if this will work as i don't have an enterprise system right now to test:

1) go to Insert and choose OLE object

2) use the Create From File option and select browse and enter the path to the object

3) select Display As Icon

if you do decide to use the javascript method mentioned above then you'll need to get your system admin to activate pass-through html on your enterprise system.

1.create new & empty CrystalReports.Properties file in

<DIR>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom  folder

2.            Add only the following key to the new custom properties file

# This parameter is used to activate pass-through HTML for Crystal Reports

crystal_encode_html_for_single_line_field_objects=no

3.            Stop the web application server (WAS) e.g. tomcat

4.            Run WDeploy (Start > All Programs > SAP Business Intelligenc > <app dir>  using the Undeploy option to empty out

<DIR>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\wdeploy\workdir\tomcat7\application

5.            Deploy new BOE.WAR using WDeploy (this time using Deploy option) and restart the WAS

mubeenmalik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks it helped me