cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar popup on BEx key date variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Key date variable in BEx query. It prompts to enter the calendar date in design studio. If I click on possible values, it gives the blank popup to enter the date. Is there any way I can have the calendar displayed when user clicks on possible values.

I'm aware of the date field component in design studio. I would like to have calendar displayed for BEx prompt value entry.

Thanks,

Milind,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in current version of design studio (1.3, 1.4 as well) the prompt screen does not show calendar control (like in BEx Web). The only way would be to overcome the prompt screen in this scenario, prepare a small self-made dialog with datefield for the input and submit the variable manually by script

APPLICATION.setVariableValue(variable, value);

does this already help, or should I make an example for you to visualize?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol,

I got it what you're trying to say. Issue here is I've multiple user entry variables in BEx. Calendar day is one of them. If I go with your option then user will get the popup twice. First for BEx variables and then for the date entry. Correct? Can I've the date entry popup along with BEx variables.

Thanks,

Milind

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes, two dialogs is the output..

if you know the content of used data sources (which variables are inluded) then you can play a bit with the sequence, you could show first the self made calendar and then set the variables on data source and first then trigger the variable screen (which would be prefilled already with the dates), or even you could filter out those variables and not show them twice...

I understand the requirement - but as of the available releases, the only way is this as above (which I see). you can surely place an idea for this extension on idea place (SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio: Home).

Sorry, I am afraid there is nothing better for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol. Submitted the idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you post any screenshots for the same.It would be of great help.