cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administration Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to add one external field in account master data. When we are trying to edit screen by entering to adaption mode the system is throwing message

'Enable the administration mode for the solution'

How to do the same?

Thank you.

Regards,

ADT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

This issue occurs due to improper assignment of Work Centers to users.

As many people already mentioned, there are two types of users :

1. Development User : for doing development on C4C using the SDK/ Cloud Application Studio. In order to do so, one must use a SEPERATE ROLE and USER. The user should have the PARTNER DEVELOPMENT work center assigned. And along with it, optionally one can assign, Business Configuration, Business Analytics, Application & User Management and Feed work centers.

Please Be aware that, NO OTHER user should have "Partner Development" Work center assigned. It is ONLY for Development users.

2. Key Users : These users are the day  to day users of C4C, which can include every user like sales, service, admin, etc, EXCEPT THE DEVELOPMENT USER.  These users SHOULD NOT have the Partner Development WC assigned to them.

Now , when we get the PDI error, the steps to resolve are :

1. Do the proper workcenter assignment as per the points mentioned above.

2. Go to the Cloud Application Studio, log in, select any of the solution, and then go to the ADMINISTRATION Menu > Choose "ADMIN MODE ON".

Try log of and log in your C4C and check if the issue is solved. If not, the reason could be as suggested by
At  some point of time, you would have assigned the partner_development WC to this user. This would have created an entry in the SAP backend registry.  Now even if you un Assign the WC, the entry in the registry is NOT DELETED.
Therefore, the solution for this could be,

3.Raise an incident in C4C stating the issue and asking them to DELETE THE ENTRY FROM THE REGISTRY for the required user. PLease mention the TECHNICAL ID of the user (you can find it in Business Users page in Administrator WC or Application and user Management WC.

4. If you want to avoid all these headache, a shortcut solution would be to - Create a new Business user and from this point start using it.

Thanks,

Vatsan

york_liu_yong62
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If you can use consistent wording/phrase, that would really help of the reading.

danieltwerenbold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Although it is an old discussion I had the same issue with a new test tenant with release 1502.

I checked all recommended settings above which did not solve the issue.

The issue was that my user (a Service Agent user) was created by SAP_INITUSER (first user received from sap). I used my Service Agent user to create a new Service Agent user (with same Workcenter Access) and with this new Service Agent user I was finally able to go into Adaption mode and add custom fields...

Hope this hint can help.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

This is seems to be very old issue not sure why SAP is fixing this. recent release also I am getting error.

Error message is very confusing. It should provide clear error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aruna,

Ideally you should two use different users. This is documented in the help documenation of Studio.

1. DEVELOPER USER - ( For PDI development activity).

2. BUSINESS USER - ( For UI testing ).

Once PARTNER_DEVELOPER work center is assinged to a User and this user logins to Studio an entry is created in the backend referring to a PDI_DEVELOPER for Customer ID.

So even you uncheck PARTNER _DEVELPER from UI you might get the same error.

As a workaround as Daniel said , please create a new Service Agent and  copy same access issue should solve.

OR

If you still need the same user to enter adaptation then report an incident with User details we will delete the entry from backend.

Regard
Anant

0 Kudos

I am able to resolve this issue....but my question is that Error messages are not designed correctly. It should give right error messages and user should understand what to by looking at error message

Designers not learning from old legacy system mistakes. It is not too complected show user friendly messages

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Description

The system pops a window while accessing Adaptation Mode: PDI has Thrown an Exception, with message Logon User is not the Key User enabled for the solution (or) the message Enable the administration mode for the solution.

Reproducing the Issue

1. Go to any workcenter/view.
  2. Select Adapt button and Enter Adaptation Mode from the drop-down.
  3. Select Edit This Screen, again from the same drop-down list.

Please note that the same message can also be encountered while the user tries to manipulate in the Form Template Maintenance view of the Application and User Management work center.

Cause

1. Firstly, to be able to perform activities like editing screen in adaptation mode and form template maintenence, the logged-in user must be a key-user, meaning he/she must have the Application and User Management assigned.
  2. If the logged-in user is a key-user, then this issue could occur when the business user logged-in is also used for PDI development in the OnDemand Studio. In such a case, the concerned user must be enabled with the Admin mode in the Studio.

Resolution

If case 1 is the cause, then try to perform the activity through a key-user.

If not, then it is caused because of the assignment of the Partner Development work center.

We strongly recommend to have separate users for PDI development and normal business user activities.

However, if you still want to use the same user in both scenarios, you can directly contact your implementation partners involved in development to enable Key-User mode for the concerned user in the OnDemand Studio.

To switch On/Off the Admin mode in the solution, the partner can use the Administration menu in the Studio.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank you all for the responses. I've unassigned the Partner Development work center, Assigned Application and USer management and tried doing the updation by loggin again.But still the system throws the same message. Am I missing any step????

Thank you.

Regards,

ADT

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aruna,

Is the user with which you are trying to edit the screen in the adaption mode, also used for PDI development in the OnDemand Studio ?

If that is the case, then it is caused because of the assignment of the Partner Development work center.

We strongly recommend to have separate users for PDI development and normal business user activities. (Which you have already unassigned from the user).

However, if you still want to use the same user in both scenarios, you can directly contact your implementation partners involved in development to enable Key-User mode for the concerned user in the OnDemand Studio.

To switch On/Off the Admin mode in the solution, the partner can use the Administration menu in the Studio.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Harshal

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Aruna

If you are still getting the error message, you need to login into SDK (Software Development Kit /SAP Business By Design Studio) with your user. Then you need to go to Administration menu and Switch On the Admin mode for the solution.

Thanks
Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

There is no development login/system for this client. I was able to edit screen in test tenant which also shows  Partner Development work center.

Regards,

ADT

sunil1101
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

After removing Partner development wc from user,--> save it and log off from the solution,

then login again. hopefully this will work

better to create new business key user( without Partner development workcenter)?

Regard

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

Yes disable it and it will work

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Aruna

If you want to do a regular adaptation then you have to use a user which is not enabled for

the SDK. You should not have the work center Partner development assigned but the Application and User Management should be assigned.

Kindly check the same and revert back in case of further queries.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

There is a workcenter 'Partner development' and also 'application and user management'  is present in the tenant.

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, So I will have to disable 'Partner Development' right??

Thank you Parveen.

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Aruna

Yes,you need to unassign the Partner Development and assign the Application and User

management Workcenter.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar