cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM "Edit Report" is grayed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing the problem about connecting report.

When I open a EPM report, the button of "Edit Report" in EPM add-in is disabled on all of our reports, and can't refresh Data and save data...

This problem occurs only my PC. These reports work well on another PC.

I tried following actions, but I have not yet reached the solution.

-EPM Log off / Log on

-toggle on/off on sheet option "EPM worksheet"

-remove "PC_NW" folder on my documents

-uninstall EPM add-in and install it again

Our version is:

BPC-NW 10.1(SP01), EPM add-in SP16 patch1 NET3.5

If you were facing such problem, pls share your knowledge!!

Best regards,

Masa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Today we had Windos updates on our PC, there is a patch that causes problems, which must be uninstalled.

the patch is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553154, this patch was released yesterday (12/09/2014)

We've desistalado of our PC, and was corrected us, we have also placed a note to SAP For how to correct it.

regards

PS: What was correcting when you kindly indicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

thank you very much! you saved my day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

I run a windows update today and I face the same problem now.

You say that  "there is a patch that causes problems, which must be uninstalled".

Can you tell me how to uninstalled it?

Kindly for your reply.

Thank's.

Regards,

Hartanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should uninstall the Office update with the number 2553154

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Thank's.

My EPM works well after i uninstall that office update.

Regards,

Hartanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

Thank you for your information! After I uninstall the Office patch you described, EPM worked well again!

I also post this issue into SAP-OSS. Hope to be fixed EPM add-in as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having this grayed out issue but on MS Office Excel 2007. I do not see that KB update on this machine since that is for 2010 office. Any idea on what would be causing my issue?

Thanks,

-Doug

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

0 Kudos

There is no need to delete files create Batch files etc.

Please read SAP note 2107965.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, Looking into the note

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having this grayed out issue but on MS Office Excel 2007. I do not see that KB update on this machine since that is for 2010 office. Any idea on what would be causing my issue?

Thanks,

-Doug

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

If you read the note you will see:

• MS14-081: Security update for Microsoft Office 2010 (2899518)
  • MS14-081: Security update for Microsoft Word 2010 (2899519)
  • MS14-082: Security update for Microsoft Office 2007 (2596927)
  • MS14-082: Security update for Microsoft Office 2010 (2553154)
  • MS14-082: Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (2726958)
  • MS14-083: Security update for Microsoft Excel 2007  (2984942)
  • MS14-083: Security update for Microsoft Excel 2010 (2910902)
  • MS14-083: Security update for Microsoft Excel 2013  (2910929)

Vadim

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Microsoft has now released a KB article addressing this issue. The KB describes some conditions in which this issue would also apply to Office 2007 implementations if other products are also installed that would require this security update.

Can you confirm that this issue occured for you as well after December 9th? If you check the update history has there been any security updates installed since December 9th?

If so it might be worthwhile searching for the MSForms.exd files and deleting them in your Office 2007 installation as well to see if this resolves the issue.

MS Office KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3025036

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked for me, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same problem with Office 2013 and EPM SP21, save a report and reopen it then the edit button is greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After uninstalling the two updates, 2726958 and 2910929, it is now working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

Could you please tell me how you uninstalled updates 2726958 and 2910929 with Office 2013.

We are facing the same issue and we don't see these updates in the Windows Update Installed updates in the Control panel of P.C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As advised by Ryan Forsberg the better solution is to follow what is in the Windows Knowledge Base article. Basically this is to delete the .exd files. The link is above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

Are you referring to this article

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2858280/microsoft-windows/botch-brigade-kb-2553154-2726958-clobber-...

There is no mention of which files need to be removed. Could you please suggest as we would like to know the fix you applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

the KB article is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3025036

I found that deleting the two updates only worked briefly, so I setup a bat file to delete *.exd files and this seems to work. This is what the fix in the KB does.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case this might help someone else running on MS Office 2007 / MS Excel 2007, we installed the KB2920794 update, as suggested by Microsoft.  Then, we installed the KB2984939 update.  However, we had to reboot the computer twice before the patch took and the problem was resolved.  One reboot was not sufficient.

I am not certain if the multiple reboots is connected to our environment / scenario or a Microsoft thing.

I did not have to do anything with the *.exd files.

I hope this is helpful for someone.

Jeff

former_member264961
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Seems like the patch is causing general issues with Excel/ActiveX, best wait for a revised patch from Microsoft...

Botch brigade: KB 2553154, 2726958 clobber Excel ActiveX while KB 3011970 Silverlight, KB 3004394 Ro...

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP Support is monitoring this issue and has released Note 2107965 summarizing what is known about this issue so far.

From our investigations this does appear to be a Microsoft issue as mentioned in the link above.

While waiting for a patch to be released by Microsoft there appears to be a workaround involving the deletion of the "MSForms.exd" file from the Temp folder under the users AppData directory.

As this involves a manual operation in normally hidden folders it may not be an applicable solution to end-users in which case your IT department will need to reverse the KB notes that are causing this issue until Microsoft releases a fix.

Regards,

Peter Kreutlein

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem occurs for old reports, when you create a new lock does not happen, but when you want to see an old one, if it is locked.

Patch KB2553154 is for Oficce 2010 to office 2013 is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2726958

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patch Window is KB2553154, I was wrong in previous comment

0 Kudos

thank you  I noticed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What hicismos, so no updates appear every time we turn on the PC.

We did the following:

-Windows Update

-Search updates

-Hide Updates (KB2553152)

and then when we see the update that creates problems, we will update the option Restore.

Regards

0 Kudos

OK it works but it is still only a workaround since we are asking a critical security update not yo be installed

0 Kudos

Not to install an important security update it's only a temporary workaround.

This update will appear again and again and users will install it.

An SAP note must be release

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP20 works with the new office patch.

0 Kudos

I 'll try it.

0 Kudos

We 've tried sp20 and we are still facing the issue.

SP20 is not solving the issue! Have you tried to open an existing schedule or you created a new one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, you are right, it only works when you create a new report, the button is grey out if you open a report.

The only solution now is uninstall the office patch.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had installed the SP20 NW and likewise be made to lose.

Uninstalling Windows Patch I solved it.

Also put a note OSS to SAP, for resolution.

Regards

Carolina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install SP20?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayoshi,

Try SP 20 EPM add on, I have the latest MS update today and my EPM still works fine.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Really? I will try to install SP20 tommorow!

Best regards,

Masa

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

EPM add-in SP16 patch1 - try the new one...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I have the same problem, I installed the SP 18,SP19, SP20 NT.4, and I still happening the same problem, we are working with version 10.1 (SP2) of BPC, as it is in my PC, because in another PC, I connect with my user, and I can edit.

Anyone know you can be.?

regards

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

Then you have to compare PC's with maximum details to find the difference.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

estimado

eso es lo que estamos haciendo.

saludos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Estimado:

¿Qué pasó con nosotros en nuestra PC, era una oficina de actualizaciones de seguridad. (Actualización de seguridad para Microsoft Office 2010 (KB) 32-Bit Edition.

MS14-082: Description of the security update for Microsoft Office 2010: December 9, 2014</title&g...

Y lo solucionamos.

saludos

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carolina,

Please don't violate forum rules - use English language for your posts. I can translate you Spanish but it's not a good idea.

Vadim