cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NRO Not Incrementing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a Number Range Object in the B2B Integration Cockpit named "/B2B/TransactionSetIDCode" and assigned it to a variable for mapping to the X12 ST02 element.  The variable is named "$B2B_UEBNR_BEFORETransactionSetIDCode$B2B_END_UEBNR".

During mapping, the value identified by the Number Range Object is mapped to ST02.  However, when I execute the mapping once again, the NRO value is not incremented.  From my understanding, the NRO value should be incremented.

I do have the Module configured "localejbs/TransmissionNumberModule" and "multipleNumbersPerMessage" = true.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I guess you checked ?

Also, I'm not sure that the value is incremented when you test the mapping.

Did you test the complete flow or process?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I did complete the flow.  The scenario is an outbound IDoc to an EDI transaction and the IDoc is generated from ECC using the "Test tool for IDoc processing (WE19)".

I would think the value would be incremented using this method.

Thanks,

Dave

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess that too.

Sure you see nothing in the Integration Cockpit? Can you share that configuration?

Thanks

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

I just ran another test and the count did not increment.  Here is the view of the NRO in the Integration Cockpit...

I also notice that the "old_value" and "new_value" doesn't change when viewing the NRO in Integration Cockpit.  Any help or suggestions is highly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Dave

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Value and Last Value seems to be updated. Run the interface a couple of times again and check both values.

Provide a new screen shot here.

Also, please put a . between 4.999 instead of a comma. Just check that out

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NRO number updated because I hit the "Get next number" button and the comma was automatically entered as I specified my range from 1 to 4999.

I have noticed in other posts that the constant was defined as:

$B2B_UEBNR<NRO>$B2B_END_UEBNR without the "_BEFORE".  Is this treated differently?

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Dave

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On what SP level is your B2B add-on on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PIB2BTOOLKIT - 1000.1.0.4.2.20141009063300 and

PI/PO 7.4 - 1000.7.40.7.0.20140507192700

I believe we are using the latest SP, but I need to confirm.

Thanks,

Dave

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you just try to use something like /B2B/TestNRO instead of the long name you use now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Got it to work!

It was not an issue with the length of the name but it was how I defined my constants.  For X12, I wanted to specify a unique Control Number for ST02/SE02.  What I did was the following:

I defined the following constant for ST02:

$B2B_UEBNRTestNRO$B2B_END_UEBNR

And the following constant was defined for SE02:

$B2B_UEBNR_BEFORETestNRO$B2B_END_UEBNR

Defining the constants this way updated updated the counter.  However, the NRO count in the B2B Integration Cockpit still does not reflect the last count.  Bug perhaps???

Thanks again for all your support - really appreciate it!!

Take care,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stand corrected.  The counter is being updated in the NRO Integration Cockpit.  I was looking at the log which reflected the changes I manually made to the NRO.

Cheers,

Dave

Answers (0)