SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about selection of SAP module....Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am Amey from India n I am planning to go for SAP.

I am Mechanical engineer with 2+ years of experience in Boiler Erection/Installation as a site engineer.The basic job profile is to do the erection/ installation of all the material of boiler.Its not a production job  because I dont produce anythng ,I just do the job of installing the material.Also my job profile is not into  projects. I somewhat deal with materials but its not the perfect Material Management domain.so m very much confused about the functional module which i should go for.

I consult with SAP partner firm's counselor about this.He is telling me to go for PCERP or MM module .

Please help me n tell me about the module which will be perfect for me.

M attaching my resume also.please hav a look at it n guide me .

Thanks you all for ur time.

2 REPLIES 2

sameer_vidhate
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think you should go for PS i.e. Project System or Materials Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya

You can explore , SAP Customer Service  module . This is most relevant to installation and maintenance of different products.

Also there is a submodule inside SAP ECO ,called ETM which is relevant for you .

Try to check the institute which can offer you course in these, as it is bit rare.

You can try for  companies in  Real estate and construction  and other Equipment space ,who also might hire domain experienced ,lateral trainees .

Check for ETM link below

SAP Library - ETM - Equipment and Tools Management

Apart from the above SAP PS ,SAP MM , SAP EHS are somewhat distant options for you .

Regards

Mandar