Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applet Initialization Error

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm getting an "Applet Initialization Error" when loading the applet version of Webi.  The full error message is below.

My local client is on Windows 8.1 with IE 11.  My server is 4.1 SP4.  The PAM says that this should work.

The HTML version of Webi works fine and the server is working OK.  I have tried it on Windows 2008 Server R2 with IE11 and the applet version works fine.

I have tried the following versions of the 32-bit JRE and they all have the same problem:  1.7u45, 1.7u72, 1.8u25.

I have tried IE 11 with Compatibility mode on and off.  I have ensured I have "Enhanced Protected Mode" disabled.

I have also tried with Chrome and Firefox, both with the same results.

I have tried disabling my Windows firewall and my anti-virus - no luck.

I've run out of ideas for what else to try.  Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

Thanks and Regards,

Jonathan

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$InvalidServerResponseException: (Error: RWI 00200)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:152)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:109)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.engine.ReportEngineContext.initUserServer(ReportEngineContext.java:450)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.ConfigurationServiceImpl.getUserSecuredCommands(ConfigurationServiceImpl.java:196)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.usersession.UserSessionCommonImpl.postLoginProcess(UserSessionCommonImpl.java:141)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.usersession.UserSessionCommonImpl.logonWithSerializedSession(UserSessionCommonImpl.java:64)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.usersession.UserSessionJRPImpl.logonWithSerializedSession(UserSessionJRPImpl.java:12)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContext.logonWithSerializedSession(SessionContext.java:103)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.loginAndGetSessionContext(SessionsManager.java:377)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.logOnRepository(SessionsManager.java:228)

at com.sap.webi.ui.jrp.WebIAppletMain.start(WebIAppletMain.java:238)

at com.sap.webi.ui.jrp.WebIAppletStartup$2.doInBackground(WebIAppletStartup.java:167)

at com.sap.webi.ui.jrp.WebIAppletStartup$2.doInBackground(WebIAppletStartup.java:162)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:152)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:109)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:183)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.engine.ReportEngineContext.initUserServer(ReportEngineContext.java:413)

... 16 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.marshaling.java.SerializableMarshaler.unmarshal(SerializableMarshaler.java:76)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.http.HTTPServerImpl.doProcess(HTTPServerImpl.java:248)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:171)

... 18 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jonathan,

i got this error too.i tried all permutations and combinations finally my control panel filled with  lot of java versions later came to know its problem with java security.now i resolved.

1) uninstall all java applications  such a jre sdk etc....

2)next install java update 7u25(to download it from java site it will ask us to create  acc )

3) and i have java se development  kit 7 and its update

there you go

note- 1)when u open in bi launch pad it throughs  some java error but still u can continue by clicking ok

2)never update java. even it asks many number of time

regards-

crazy abhi            

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Crazy Abhi - that did the trick JRE 1.7u25 worked.  All the other ones I tried gave me that error.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome

Regards,

Abhi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member290786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

It's an old post, but the same is happening to me also on 4.1 SP5.

downgrading java is just not a solution for us, any other official answers you're familiar with ?

Of course that none of the solutions suggested here worked (tried them all).

We're on java8 update 51

Thanks,

Or.

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Or,

Sorry - haven't seen anything else that fixes the problem.  I've seen it working fine on Windows 8.1 and IE11 with a newer JRE with no problems, so it's definitely possible to get going, but I really can't figure out the what the problem is on my laptop.

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

1) Uninstall all the java versions and install java 7u67 or 7u25.

2) When ever you open Web-I  in bi launch pad it troughs  some java error click on "Run this time".

it will redirect you back to home page but you will be able to use the Web-I from this instance.

Note-Never update java

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

No disrespect intended, but what kind of world do you live in where downgrading Java and never updating it is an acceptable answer?? The OP mentioned their server is on 4.1, and we were assured that the Java version limitations seen in 3.1 would no longer be an issue. Besides the fact that in the Corporate world, we can no longer sit on older versions of Java due to the increasing security concerns. So I can't accept using older Java versions, and "Never update java" as valid real world answers.

Has anyone else found actual resolutions for this issue yet?

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

If you check java control panel , the latest version of java is having high security which is not supporting BI launchpad.In Java version 7 we have option to set security to medium or low.Started working on Bo from last 4 months this is my 1st job as a developer didn't get a chance to work on 3.1 and bla bla bla. If you got a better solution you can share with us

Abhi.

jcavaco
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I had this problem with webi and java 8u25, what I did was adding the URL to the exception list in java control panel.

So, as an alternative of using an older java, add your BO url without the "/BOE/BI" part, so for example if you have something like "http://192.168.xx.xx:8080/BOE/BI" just add http://192.168.xx.xx:8080/ to your exceptions list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just sharing an interesting link:

How to troubleshoot Java applet and component download problems

/Kris

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this only happening on those JRE versions?  Can you try uninstalling the JRE and installing an older version to see if that works?

Do you have another machine that works?  If so, can you compare the JRE version on that machine?

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I tried 1.7u45 with no luck.  Is there a particular version I should try it out with?  I've tried with the same version of the JRE on the server (Windows 2008) and it worked fine.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Could you please try with valid License Key of BO. Sometimes we are facing the error if we are using the out dated license key . Also we are using IE10 and latest version of Java_1.8_Update 31 for our BO. it is not the problem with Java or Jre . Can you please try restarting the SIA and make sure all the WEBI servers are up and running.

--Harsha.

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

The license is fine and I've tried restarting the Webi Server.  I've seen this error before sometimes when the Webi server hits the memory threshold, but this isn't the case this time.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Even we have faced the same issue. The below issue resolved with the below steps.

Resolution

1. Login to Central Management Console. (CMC)
  2. Click on Servers and open server list.
  3. Stop the Web Intelligence Processing server and start it again.
  4. The applet loads successfully once the server is restarted.

--Harsha

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I've come across this before where the Webi server has run out of memory or failed in some way and restarting it has fixed the problem.  However, this is not the case this time.  I tried restarting the Webi server, with no luck.  The Rich client also connects fine.

You can also get this error when the Webi client is down.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We seem to have the same issue - we are on XI4.1 SP5. Has this been ever sorted?

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

No, it was an issue I have on my laptop while connecting to a test system, so I didn't follow up on it any further as there were workarounds - like using the rich client or a different client PC.

Let me know if you get anywhere with it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Change java security to Medium and check.

Is Rich client is working in your machine.

JonathanC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Version 1.8 of the JRE doesn't have a "Medium" setting (unless I'm missing something) - just "High" and "Very High".  I've set it to High and also added the site to the Exception Sites List.  I don't think this is the problem though, as java starts being run (java console appears) before I get the Applet Initialization error.

Webi Rich client works fine on my machine.

Thanks,

Jonathan