Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 on MS SQL Server: Errors using DBACOCKPIT / DB02

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

this is my first SAP SCN discussion ever. Also I am quite new to the whole SAP business. I took part in TADM10+12 so far but my knowledge is still... uhm... restricted 😉 I was trying to go through the discussion rules carefully and I hope the place I chose to start this discussion is correct.

My concern: We are using a SAP ECC 6.0 (SAP_BASIS 700, SP-Level 31) on a MS SQL Server. Today I was using the DB02 on this system which jumped directly to the DBA Cockpit. It did not do this on the other two systems of the landscape. Strange?

In the system configuration I can see the database entry (green). Below this part of the screen there are some lines with warnings (yellow) and errors (red) as you can see in the picture here:

When I flag the DB entry and click on connection test nothing happens. No error, nothing.

Any help on this?

Regards and thanks in advance

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning to you all,

sorry for taking way too long to answer here. I have been on some trainings and was also busy. Unfortunately (for this case) a colleague took over and since then I have not had access to the system. I can not even say if the issue has been resolved.

Maybe I will have the chance to check upon this problem sometimes soon...

Thanks a lot for your commitment 🙂

Regards

Daniel

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Are you trying to monitor remote non-SAP databases from within your ECC system? Normally this would be done, if at all, from your Solution Manager system, not ECC. Typically ECC will only monitor its own database. Your errors appear to be related to connection attempts to remote, non-SAP databases, or to involve non-ABAP schemas within your SAP database.

Additionally, you don't typically need to enable Named Pipes for SAP systems on SQL Server, unless it's a very old version of SQL Server. Today the recommendation is Shared Memory and TCP/IP only.

Are you hosting other systems besides SAP on the same database, or other (non-system) databases on the same SQL Server? For a production system, this would not typically be the recommendation.

In general, in the DB Connections area that you are looking at, if there are some obsolete entries that test out as red, that's probably not an issue. As long as you have one correctly formatted entry that tests green and represents your SAP system, you should be ok, and if you didn't, well, your SAP system probably wouldn't have started in the first place.

A better way to quickly check the overall health and correct configuration of your SQL Server setup from DBACOCKPIT is under Configuration... SQL Server Setup Check.

Regards,

Matt

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Database error 53 at CON

This error usually occurs while establishing a remote connection to SQL Server.From remote system server unable to respond or locate.I would suggest try to check for SQL Server to allow remote monitoring connection if required,you could enable/allow remote connection by selecting SQL server properties.

Addition to it kindly check for system firewall also,sometimes issue with connection block by the security as well.If possible you could disable it & can check again.

CL_DB6_TREE_NAVIGATOR

Need to apply relevant support package for SAP_BASIS component as accordingly to your current system SP level.

Hope this will also help you.

Good luck !!

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

1. Could you check any dump's in transaction St22 or error in transaction SM21

2. On MS Sql you can use the transaction code ST04 which equivalent to DB02.

BR

SS

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello S Sriram,

thanks for your answer.

1. ST22: Yesterday there were two runtime errors, but these don't seem to be connected with my problem. SM21 (Filtering on my user name): Shows some DB errors that appear, when test some DB connections.

Testing the three green marked Connections turns out to be successful. Test of the following two red marked DB connections:

Resulting in the error messages:

Current state: Strange things happened! DBACOCKPIT and also DB02 is running fine now - even with the errors shown above.

Anything I should do about this?

Thanks + Regards

Daniel

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Kindly checks the follow setting enables or disabled? and the try the DBACOCKPIT & DB02,

before that stop the SAP instance.

1. Open SQL server configuration Manager.

2. Navigate to Server Network Configuration >> Protocols for SQLEXPRESS.

3. Enable Named Pipes (disabled by default).

4. Restart SQL Server service.

BR

SS

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi S Sriram,

Named Pipes protocol was enabled.

Regards

Daniel

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Could you refer the Microsoft blogs about this error message

Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server (Microsoft SQL Server, ...

Regards

Sriram

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello S Sriram,

sorry for delay. I have been on vacation with very limited access to the internet.

Thanks for your answer. I will check up on that and let you all know asap. Since it is a productive system, it is not always possible to gain access and to restart the system if needed.

Thanks so far 🙂

Daniel