cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module "SMD_HK_DELETE" not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the error " Function module "SMD_HK_DELETE" not found" in ST22 Dumps repeatedly. I have checked the function module in se37 but couldn't find it. Can anyone please suggest on this to proceed further.

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

Could you share parameter value for rdisp/max_wprun_time ? If possible exceed the maximum permitted run time to complete successful execution of report E2E_BI_HOUSKEEPING.

1. 1. Open transaction SE16, type TCOLL as a table name, press enter and F8.
  2. 2. Select RSORA811 report, goto "Table Entry->Delete" and press "Delete Entry" button.

Also as per SAP Note  1841778 - LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND in RSCOLL00

you need to perform these two steps to delete entry by selection of report RSORA811 as

because this report was not deleted from the list of reorg programs

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

The parameter value is 7200.

One thing I am not able to get is "Select RSORA811 report, goto "Table Entry->Delete" and press "Delete Entry" button". 

Here it is saying that delete entry, that means if we do so, it will delete the report from the list ? or what it is for ? If we perform those 2 steps, what would be impact ?

Please let me know.

'

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

If we increase the parameter value to higher,it will not help I think because time out error is not occurred, here we are not able to find Function module RSORA811 in the target System which leads to CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND.

Regards,

Satyardha

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

Check table TFDIR. SE16 --> TFDIR. Provide the function module name, and search. If the function module exists in the table, then you will have to activate the table, TFDIR from SE11.

"SE11 --> Display TFDIR --> Activate using menu option". The function module, if existing in the table TFDIR, should now be accessible to the application.

Cheers!

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I have checked in the table but couldn't find any function module in the system. If this is the case, could you please let me know what steps need to be taken?

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

Looks like you have the BI_CONT add-on missing in your Solution Manager system. Please install the relevant version of the BI_CONT, and this function module will then be available in your system.

Cheers!

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I could find Function modules in Solman System of BI_CONT release 706 but couldn't find in BI instance of release BI_CONT 707. As of now, we can't update BI_CONT in Solman System as it was set with old host name(recently migrated to other location but host name not changed to new one and upgrade of Solman system will going to happened very soon ). Meanwhile to avoid dumps we are investigating on the issue. But all settings were configured with old host name only, so we cannot update the release in Solman System.

We are searching for alternative solution,Could you please advise.

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

Your only other possibility is to import the function module from any other SolMan system. Otherwise, updating the BI_CONT looks to be the next best solution.

Reach out to SAP as well to see if they can provide you with the function module in any other way.

Cheers!

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

I checked in our SOLMAN system and found, that FM SMD_HK_DELETE is part of software component ST-BCO ( BI content for Solution Manager). So I would guess it won't be delivered for any system type except solution manager. Maybe you chose the wrong scenario when configuring your BI system in SOLMAN_SETUP?

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thank You.

If this is the case, what steps are to be replicated the overcome the issue?

Here SOLMAN System acts as a Source system and calling the destination System BI for the function modules SMD_HK_AGGREGATE ,SMD_HK_AGGREGATE_MDX and SMD_HK_DELETE through RFC Destination SIDCLNT400  in which we couldn't find these Function modules in the target System i.e. BIP System and this leads to recurring dump CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND.

From the dump I could see that ,the above Function modules are related to program SAPLE2E_EFWK_HOUSEKEEPING which is also not existing in the system(BI).

On further analysis, I found that above 3 Function modules are with same package, Function group,…. As per Note 1434222, I could see that there might be problem with package but the Note is not specific to our version, in which it is saying "the packages were unnecessarily delivered as part of SAP_BW 7.20. Since none of the functions included can be used, the packages were deleted with Support Package 3 of SAP_BW 7.20". Moreover our version is SAP BW 7.0

Here I found that the problem is existing with same features of Function modules.  Moreover, daily we are getting exactly 40 dumps regarding the same issue from the past 5 days

Can anyone help me on this.

Thank You

Regards,

Satyadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

where is the BI system for solution manager data located? Is it in the solution manager system itself or in a separate BI system. If it is not in solution manager, please check help text for step 2.1 in the Basic Configuration Roadmap of Solution Manager Setup. Maybe you have to update the BI_CONT component in your BI system.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thank You.

Sorry for delay in response.

In our case, BW and Solution manager system are different and Solman has less release for BI_CONT compared to BW. In this case, other than update, can we bring BW on Solman System? What are the step that we need to follow to get back BW on Solman System.So that no upgrading is required I hope

Could you please let me know with your suggestions.

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our case, BW and Solution manager system are different and Solman has less release for BI_CONT compared to BW. In this case, other than update, can we bring BW on Solman System? What are the step that we need to follow to get back BW on Solman System.So that no upgrading is required I hope

Could you please let me know with your suggestions

Thanks,

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

just to avoid any misunderstanding. I don't want you to move your whole BW system to Solution Manager. But I would recommend to use Solution Manager BW to store all the data that SM generates in the extraction framework to build metrics and KPI's. For me, SN 1578583 is a strong indicator, that SAP has decided to use BW system in SM for its own data, although it is possible to configure an external. As I have configured BW for SM in the system itself, I don't know if it is possible to change the location just by reconfiguring it in the Basic Configuration and how to migrate the data. May be you have to open a call at SAP or ask your consultants.

Regards

Volker

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

"Select RSORA811 report, goto "Table Entry->Delete" and press "Delete Entry" button".

As per previous note shared this report is present in your system,so there is no need to delete the report from TCOLL table entry,If possible could you execute the report from SE38 & share the number of entries present from it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Sorry, As I was stuck with 2 to 3 issues in the same System, I have shared wrong thing in the middle but the discussion was helped me in doing for other issue.

The main purpose of this thread is ,I wanted to know about Function Module SMD_HK_DELETE not existing the System.

This happened under solution manager in which SOLMAN System acts as a Source system and calling the destination System as BI in which I couldn't find the Function moduleSMD_HK_DELETE in  the target System i.e. BI System.

Could you please suggest on this.

Regards,

Satyardha

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops !!

No issues at all.For

SMD_HK_DELETE not existing the System.

Could you check with SAP Note  1510178 - Infocubes remain in loading mode after Housekeeping timeout

as well as Note shared by SS.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

But here I don't have any time out errors indeed recurring dump CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND from last 2 days. I have checked from the dump that and found Function SMD_HK_DELETE is not existing.

I have checked in BI System where the  function itself not existing. Here we are trying to call BI System from SOLMAN System while Dumps were occurring in BI system.

Could you please suggest on this.

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

With help of BI guy you can check the function module available in Solman BI, I think you can active the function module and then check the same

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Function module was available in Solman System but a user is trying to call a BI System from Solman in which the function module doesnt exist in target system(BI).

Is there any procedure or any SAP note to overcome this issue. As it is a PRD System we dont want to add or delete anything else. Could anyone please let me know and help me in solving the issue.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya ,

Believe you should either talk with a BI consultant / raise an incident with SAP

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Suppose if we dont find Function modules in the system, that means the only option is to create or else we can activate these if they are standard FM?

if you have any idea Please let me know on this

Thanks,

Satyardha

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition to it you could refer SAP Note   966309 - Content of table TCOLL in Release SAP_BASIS 700 - 7.02 and 7.31+

& consider following from it

The RSORA811 entry is relevant only for following systems:

BASIS 7.0

BASIS 7.01 up to Support Package 13

BASIS 7.02 up to Support Package 13

BASIS 7.31 up to Support Package 06

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I RSORA811 I 1                                                       I

I          I S                                                       I

I          I                                                         I

I          I X:X:X:X:X:X:X                                           I

I          I  : : : : : : : : : : : :X: : : : : : :X: : : :          I

Now you could compare it for relevant Support Package of system & can perform the activity .

Hope this will help you.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here it is saying that delete entry, that means if we do so, it will delete the report from the list ?

Yes it'll delete the report from the list from table TCOLL.

Currently report RSORA811 doesn't exists into the system now,so you need to clear the entry of report from the TCOLL table entry list.

For more details on it you could refer SCN thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks much.

But if we do so, The report RSORA811 will no more exists in the system. Then without this report, how we able to delete the backup log entries in the system ? Or else if this report has to run, Is there any possibility of creating this report in the system ?

Please let me know, meanwhile I will refer to the shared link.

Regards,

Satyardha

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

If we increase the parameter value to higher,it will not help

Yes there is no need to change the parameter value as it's already been perfect with value 7200 at your end.

Whereas report RSORA811 generally used to delete old backup log entries in the DB tables SDBAD & SDBAH.If possible could you share support package details for component SAP_BASIS.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

SAP Basis release 700 and SP-level 0029.

Yes I am aware the report RSORA811 is used to delete the Old backup logs but here in the step from note "Select RSORA811 report, goto "Table Entry->Delete" and press "Delete Entry" button".

If we perform this step, Is this  delete old log entries right ??

Can you please make me clear about this step !!!

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

From the Note 1841778, I found that below information. But I couldn't understand last content "Select RSORA811 report, goto "Table Entry->Delete" and press "Delete Entry" button". Can  anyone please explain me about this and suggest me on the same.

Symptom

SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR cancels with LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND short dump.

Other Terms

TCOLLL, RSCOLL00

Reason and Prerequisites

In

• SAP_BASIS 701 SP13
  • SAP_BASIS 702 SP13
  • SAP_BASIS 731 SP06

the report RSORA811 has been deleted. However, because this report was not deleted from the list of reorg programs, the job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR cancels with LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND short dump.

Solution

Implement the correction instruction or install the support package.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Manual Activity                                                       |
|VALID FOR                                                             |
|Software Component   SAP_BASIS                      SAP Basis compo...|
| Release 701          Until SAPKB70113                                |
| Release 702          SAPKB70201 - SAPKB70213                         |
| Release 731          SAPKB73101 - SAPKB73108                         |

1. 1. Open transaction SE16, type TCOLL as a table name, press enter and F8.
  2. 2. Select RSORA811 report, goto "Table Entry->Delete" and press "Delete Entry" button.

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya ,

Please provide more details on this error . If possible  attach the full Dump .

Without the details we would be just guessing and the solutions may not be the correct one

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

This happened under solution manager in which SOLMAN System acts as a Source system and calling the destination System as BI in which I couldn't find the Function module SMD_HK_DELETE in  the target System i.e. BI System that results to call_function_not_found.

Could you please let me know, If in this case how we should proceed further.

Regards,

Satyardha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

Could you share complete dump details from ST22.If i'm not wrong are you getting it under Solution Manager.Please correct me.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

This happened under solution manager only in which SOLMAN System acts as a Source system and calling the destination System as BI in which I couldn't find the Function module SMD_HK_DELETE in  the target System i.e. BI System.

Could you please let me know, If in this case how we should proceed further. Below are the dump details:

Short Text

Function module "SMD_HK_DELETE" not found.

What happened?

The function module "SMD_HK_DELETE" is called,

but cannot be found in the library.

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPMSSY1" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

What can you do?

Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system

administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look

at and manage termination messages, and you can also

keep them for a long time.

Error analysis

The program "SAPMSSY1" contains the CALL FUNCTION statement.

The name of the function module to be called is "SMD_HK_DELETE".

No function module exists with the name "SMD_HK_DELETE".

All function modules are listed in the Function Library (SE37).

-

Possible reasons:

a) Wrong name specified. Pay particular attention to

upper/lower case and underscores ("_").

or

b) Transport error

c) In the case of an enqueue/dequeue module,

the lock object may not have been activated

(ABAP/4 Dictionary).

How to correct the error

Check the last transports to the SAP System.

Is the program "SAPMSSY1" currently being changed?

If an enqueue/dequeue module is involved, is the activation

of the lock object missing in the ABAP/4 Dictionary

If the error occures in a non-modified SAP program, you may be able to

find an interim solution in an SAP Note.

If you have access to SAP Notes, carry out a search with the following

keywords:

CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND" " "

"SAPMSSY1" or "SAPMSSY1"

"REMOTE_FUNCTION_CALL"

Function modules with names similar to "SMD_HK_DELETE":

SWD_DELETE

STASK_DELETE

SWD_TASK_DELETE

SET_ID_DELETE

SO_LINK_DELETE

SCPR_DELETE

SET_DELETE

SMAP_KPI_DELETE

STM_TASK_DELETE

SFLOW_DELETE

If you cannot solve the problem yourself and want to send an error

notification to SAP, include the following information:

1. The description of the current problem (short dump)

To save the description, choose "System->List->Save->Local File

(Unconverted)".

2. Corresponding system log

Display the system log by calling transaction SM21.

Restrict the time interval to 10 minutes before and five minutes

after the short dump. Then choose "System->List->Save->Local File

(Unconverted)".

3. If the problem occurs in a problem of your own or a modified SAP

program: The source code of the program

In the editor, choose "Utilities->More

Utilities->Upload/Download->Download".

4. Details about the conditions under which the error occurred or which

actions and input led to the error.