Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle checkbox click on custom subscreen

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have added custom subscreen with 2 fields( one is a check-box and the other is input/output field) and assigned it to BDT view, assigned that view to BDT section, and assigned that section on standard BDT screen.

I want to deactivate input/output field if I unchecked the check-box or to activate it if I checked the check-box.

When pressing ENTER, system calls my PBO and PAI modules and do this activation/deactivation of the second field. But I want PBO and PAI modules to be called as soon as the check-box field is clicked.

I cannot assign FCode to check-box field on my custom subscreen because I will receive an error that FCode is unknown since it doesn't exist in standard main screen.

I have input FCode that is used for the ENTER in main screen to check-box field and this way it works. But I don't like the fact that on clicking the check-box field ENTER is triggered.

So my question is what is the right way to implement handling of check-box on my custom subscreen since the function groups of the main standard screen and the function group of my custom screen are not the same? So PBO and PAI module should be called when check-box is clicked?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Marko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Solved with BDT event FCODE

3 REPLIES 3

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

If I were in your shoes I would have done it the same way. You need to trigger the at-selection-screen event and applying a function code to your checkbox is the only way to trigger something extra.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Do you know how to solve the issue of giving a check-box custom FCode on the subscreen and not giving message "Unknown fcode XXXXX"?

Now I have assigned same Fcode that is used on the main screen for ENTER to my check-box. Thats why I don't receive this message.

Kind regards,

Marko

0 Kudos

Solved with BDT event FCODE