Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wroking knowledge on GRC and SAP security...what's next!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts...could you please guide me about where should this boat sail now. I am afraid of career stagnation. I have just entered my 30's and would like to explore and learn more in SAP. The question is, which path should I take now that aligns with my past experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

Where to next: do more

Your work experience and profile could be very similar to mine (in my 30s and GRC/Security). I've written a few blogs on security and career stuff (funnily enough, recently Stagnation). My main approach is to

• diversify - new products (Ariba, SuccessFactors, IdM, Fiori, etc)
  • increase depth - learn different ways of ERP security
  • expand on functional knowledge
  • expand into other security products - SSO, network/connectivity, etc
  • NWBC design (driven off PFCG role menu)

Security goes across all systems. It's a massive priority (if only it was better invested). You can't learn it all. But the more that you know the more marketable you will be - especially when you understand the integration of all the product.

Good luck

Regards

Colleen

4 REPLIES 4

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

Where to next: do more

Your work experience and profile could be very similar to mine (in my 30s and GRC/Security). I've written a few blogs on security and career stuff (funnily enough, recently Stagnation). My main approach is to

• diversify - new products (Ariba, SuccessFactors, IdM, Fiori, etc)
  • increase depth - learn different ways of ERP security
  • expand on functional knowledge
  • expand into other security products - SSO, network/connectivity, etc
  • NWBC design (driven off PFCG role menu)

Security goes across all systems. It's a massive priority (if only it was better invested). You can't learn it all. But the more that you know the more marketable you will be - especially when you understand the integration of all the product.

Good luck

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

yaccoulibaly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi c.hebbert

I was looking for some insight (Solution oulook) for integrating GRC to Ariba and I have seen you have written/answered many posts and blogs about GRC topic, thus I would like to kindly ask you if you have some hints about this topic?

Thanks,

Yacouba

0 Kudos

Hi Yacouba

Thanks for your message. Can you please post a new question relating to GRC and Ariba integration in SAP Access Control tag/community. It might get a wider audience and attention.

Regards

Colleen