Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of "UI development toolkit for HTML5" fails

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed UI development toolkit for HTML5 (version 1.26.5) in Eclipse Luna. After Eclipse restart a problem occurred:

ABAP communication layer is not configured properly. This might be caused by missing Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010. Consult the installation guide or download page for further details on how to install this component.

Error getting the version of the native layer: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sapjco3 in java.library.path

In installation guide or download page I could not find any instruction whether to install the component Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010.

The error log shows several entries from the restart:

I wonder whether there is something missing in the installation guides or the versions of SAPUI5 tools and Eclipse Lunado not match?

It would be nice to get some help on how to find a way out of this deadlock.

Regards, Heiner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Heiner,

Make sure under the Eclipse Configuration folder you have the sapjco3.dll file .  as in the attachment.

Regards,

Rekha

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

within the next few weeks I may come back to this topic - actually I'm stuck with other project needs. Thanks anyway!

Regards, Heiner

jordi_candel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

I have luna installed on Widnows 10 and I am having this issue as well. I get this error when starting elipse:

ABAP communication layer is not configured properly. This might be caused by missing Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010. Consult the installation guide or download page for further details on how to install this component.

JCo initialization failed with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sapjco3 in java.library.path

I do not have this sapjco3.dll file.

Could you please let me know how you solved the problem?

Thanks

Goluef

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Antifaz,

I have managed to find the sapjco3 from my colleagues.

Here I don't have option to attach the file here, if you provide your mail id, il send over .

Best Regards,

Rekha

jordi_candel
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Heiner,

In eclipse-> help-> install new software-> select all abap development tools .

if still issue is not solved then goto help->check for updates. Then update all your plugin's.

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

thank you for your help.

Now I have installed all ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver. I am sorry to let you know, that the problem remained:

Yes, I also have checked for update. But none were found.

Regards, Heiner

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Heiner,

This issue is already discussed please refer this links may be it ll resolve your problem.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3575424

regards,

santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

nop, error still on.

alexander_silgidjian
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

This is rather caused by ABAP tools. If you go to the relevant page [1], you will see links for downloading the Microsoft VC Runtime.

Or you might just uninstall the ABAP tools [2], if you do not need them.

Kind Regards,

Alex

[1] SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

[2] FAQ How do I remove a plug-in? - Eclipsepedia

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your help.

Now I have installed the Microsoft VC Runtime 2010, although one of 2005 was installed by any of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform tools before:

Maybe, I should have uninstalled the 2005 runtime first?

Unfortunately, after Eclipse restart the problem occurred again:

I might have tried to uninstall the ABAP tools, but I did not install them at all. May be, any of them will be installed by basic software of SAP HANA Cloud Platform?

Regards, Heiner

alexander_silgidjian
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

I have just checked the update site content and noticed that under "UI Development Toolkit for HTML5", there is a "SAPUI5 ABAP Repository Team Provided (Developer Edition)".

You should not install this feature as I suppose it brings the rest of the ABAP tools.

Also if you start with a clean installation, choosing "SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools" only shall be sufficient as it contains "UI Development Kit for HTML5 (Developer Edition)", which is what you actually need.

HTH,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

nop,  I removed ALL with "ABAP" and still the error shows up..