SAP for Telecommunications Discussions
Network with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving communications landscape. Join in discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Convergent Charging - Setting Up Core Tool User interface

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new to Convergent Charging, trying to set-up core tool interface on my laptop. When I double-click the core tool batch file I get the error "java.exe not present in 'C:\Program Files\Java\sapjvm_6\bin'. Make sure the SAPCC_JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the path of your Java root directory."

While I have placed SAP JVM 6 in the said path and also defined the environment variable in the system with path defined, what could be the reason for this error? Are there any installation steps with regard to SAP JVM?

Regards,

Mutheeshwaran S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutheeshwaran,

You shouldn't have to do anything other than place the JVM files in the directory to which you are setting your variable and make sure they are called the same; "sapjvm_6" in your case.

Can you confirm that java.exe definitely exists under C:\Program Files\Java\sapjvm_6\bin? It's not actually under Program Files (x86) for example?

Joe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutheeshwaran,

You shouldn't have to do anything other than place the JVM files in the directory to which you are setting your variable and make sure they are called the same; "sapjvm_6" in your case.

Can you confirm that java.exe definitely exists under C:\Program Files\Java\sapjvm_6\bin? It's not actually under Program Files (x86) for example?

Joe

0 Kudos

Thanks Joe. There is no java.exe file in the bin directory under C:\Program Files\Java\sapjvm_6\bin so maybe i have incorrect jvm. From where can i get the correct SAP JVM for SAP CC 4.0 ? my laptop has windows 7 

0 Kudos

You should be able to find the .SAR file on SAP Service Marketplace under Support Packages and Patches.

There is information about how to unpack the JVM in the SAP CC Installation Guide, but for JVM6 you need to this command: SAPCAR -xvf SAPJVM6.SAR

Once you have the JVM then copy the directory that your variable is pointing too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do as Joe suggested or you can point SAPCC_JAVA_HOME variable to path where Java Runtime Environment Settings are.

(You can find it in control panel Java runtime interface under Java tab -> button View)

Br,

Mario

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mario

Br,

Mutheeshwaran S

0 Kudos

HI Mario, when I change the SAPCC_JAVA_HOME variable to path to where Java Runtime Environment (jre6), i get error

"The java vendor of the jvm used is not SAP AG.Make sure the SAPCC_JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the path of your SAP JVM 6 directory.Could Not Find D:\BRIM\CC_GUI\core_tool\bin\javaversion. Press any key to continue . . ."

The SAP's jvm 6 I have already saved under a seperate folder. Is there a seperate setting to be maintained for jre6 path and jvm 6 path ?

Regards,

Mutheeshwaran S

0 Kudos

If you downloaded that installation as Joe suggested from SAP Marketplace, yes try that...

Br,
Mario

0 Kudos

Hi Joe/Mario,

Thank you very much for your responses.

It helped a lot.

Regards,

Mutheeshwaran S