cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create chart:[50014] - Feed CompanyName could not accept more data containers.

nothafts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've tried to implement the VizFrame-Barchart from the example at SAPUI5 Explored. Therefore I'm using my own OData-Service. Unfortunately I receive the error message: Failed to create chart:[50014] - Feed CompanyName could not accept more data containers.

If I use the original source code from the example, without my OData-service, it works fine ...

Can you please help me?

Please find attached: the UI5 version info, the JSON-file from the OData service request and the JS-file for the controller.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nothafts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Finally, I figured it out 🙂

I used in the URL the parameter sap-ui-debug=true in order to debug the problem. The solution was to name the attribute/property of the measures/dimensions like the one from the feeder. Obviously clear, if I think about it...

Have a look into the attached file, if you are interested in the solution.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it necessary to create an extra JSONModel instead of attaching the model to the view and using that as a global model for the VizFrame too?

Meanwhile I'm unsure what the difference between measure and dimension is here. From the examples I get the impression that measure means y-axis and dimension x-axis in the dataset. And for the feed items it should be the same, shouldn't it?

Kind regards,

Michael

nothafts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid, but I'm not a SAPUI5 expert at all.

But, as far as I know, you can use the existing model and attach it to the view. In the data path you can access the desired entity via the path expression. Moreover I think the dimensions are indeed dimensions in which you can group your data.

For example in SAPUI5 Explored the data is grouped by the category (e.g. action movies) and the city.

The bars are showing the data according to the group.

To come to back to your question: Y-axis = measure and X-axis = dimension?

I guess the measure is the X-axis and the dimension is the Y-axis. Or at least the dimension is on the left hand site in order to group the data.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nothafts
Explorer
0 Kudos

It seems like SCN doesn't allow more than 3 files...