Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT / SOST SMTP emailing default sender / from address for all users

matisse
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to setup SMTP sending through our hosted exchange plattform, which requires SMTP authentication. This is no big deal as that can be defined within the SMTP Node of SCOT (e.g. noreply@domain.com). The problem is, that SAP always takes the address of the SAP user (e.g. username@domain.com) as the sender and from address, which causes a "550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender".

I've learned that one can set a default parameter (SMTP_TECH_SENDER within SOST->Utilities->General Parameters) for that, this shows in the trace as tech sender and envelope sender this default address, BUT the FROM sender is still filled with the name of the user and his personal email. So the SMTP server still rejects that as that is not the same address as that one defined within the SMTP node.

I've searched a lot but could not find any solution to that. Has anybody an idea how to solve that ?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

matisse
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately we are currently using a shared hosted Exchange platform, so there is no way to configure a relay on that side.

What's strange is that there is a parameter (SMTP_TECH_SENDER) for a fixed sender, but I don't know what this technical sender is good for, as for the real sender still the address of the user is taken. So if anybody knows whether there is a parameter which influences that I woul be very thankful !

BR,

Martin

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Could you check this SCN blog

BR

SS

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

On your EXCHANGE you can define authorized IP addresses to make email relay, thus bypassing the need to authenticate the sender.

You need to configure a Receive Connector on the Hub Transport of the Server Configuration. On this Receive Connector Properties, you specify no authentication and on the second panel of the Network tab you enter the IP address of the SAP system.

M

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

That may not be a good thing to do on a enterprise wide Exchange Server.

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That's true, we should manage carefully any mailserver relay options. But we do trust SAP, right?

No one expects that a SAP ABAP system will start injecting SPAM on an mail server...

M

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is an interesting query, probably you can't do it using configuration, maybe its possible for developers to change the from address.

Regards,

Siddhesh