SAP for Telecommunications Discussions
Network with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving communications landscape. Join in discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BRIM - Activating Business Function Set on a live ECC Production Environment.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we activate Business Function set - Teleco on a live ECC production environment ? My main concern is the impact to Finance (FICO Vs FICA). Our customer is using SAP ECC however they are diversifying in consumption based charging so looking to buy BRIM, however would they need to migrate everything from ECC to ECC with IS Telcom or can just activate business function set on current ECC ?

Br,

Mutheeshwaran S

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course you will not activate BF Telco on live ECC production landscape!

Exact scenario is main reason for existence of preproduction landscape where you migrate data from production landscape and test activation of Telco business function in order to identify and prevent possible risks.

As I see it, telco function activate telco specific elements in ECC and you will activate it after extensive tests on preproduction.

But in order to have full BRIM functionality you will have to install and integrate SAP CC and  SAP CRM or Hybris.

Br,

Mario

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. So as I understand we can activate the Business function test for Telco after sufficient testing in the pre-production environment. Any other risks associated with this activation? Any impact particularly to Finance and Controlling function ? 

Br,

Mutheeshwaran S

0 Kudos

Since I'm working with IS-T from beginning I cannot say from my experience if there is difference between non IS-T and IS-T version of ECC regarding Finance and Controlling function.

Some answers will give tests on preproduction but for the rest of your dilemmas, I would suggest you to ask SAP directly.

Hope it helps.

Br,
Mario

0 Kudos

Hi,

this may also be relevant for

( ... and by mentioning the space this the question will be displayed in the BRIM space as well - and maybe further experts might get aware, since it is not a pure telco related question)

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Matter of fact, from Mutheeshwaran question I conclude his team introduce BRIM solution to customer who already have implemented SAP ECC. Thats why he asks for consequence of activation of telco business function in SAP ECC.

So, SCN space for this question is correct but not sufficient for his needs.

He needs SAP direct answer in order to starts customizations that are potentially risky.

Br,
Mario