Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC : Background Mode - Scroll dawn not working

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed one BDC for TCODE CA01 - Routing creation.

This BDC is working fine in the foreground mode for all screens with vertical scroll down.

However, when same code is executed in the background mode, It gives below Errors:

Field PLPOD-VORNR(16) does not exist in the screen SAPLCPDI 1400

Field PLPOD-ARBPL(16) does not exist in the screen SAPLCPDI 1400

Field PLPOD-STEUS(16) does not exist in the screen SAPLCPDI 1400

Below is  the coding I have done -

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Page Down

PERFORM BDC_DYNPRO      USING 'SAPLCPDI' '1400'.

PERFORM BDC_FIELD       USING 'BDC_OKCODE'

'=P+'.

IF LV_CNT GT 15.

CLEAR LV_CNT.

ENDIF.

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that page down code  "=P+" is not getting detected in background mode and hence there is no

PLPOD-VORNR(16) .

I have searched existed threads but couldn't find solution. Did anybody face such issue earlier..

Regards,

Sachin Adak

5 REPLIES 5

VenkatRamesh_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only Session method will be  executed in Foreground/ Background.

Try  BAPI_ROUTING_CREATE

Hope it helpful,

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scrolling in batch input is usually difficult. If you want to use batch input instead of the BAPI already suggested, it is easier to position the table control rather than scroll.

In this transaction, there is an "Entry" field at the bottom of the screen. You may be able to put the line number that you want to bring to the top here.

Rob

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I would recommend to abandon the BDC approach, if possible.

There is a very nice possibility to create and change routing / master recipe by means of available API's, well explained in the OSS note 488765 - 'Do it yourself EWB programming'.

I have used it several times in the past, and found it really useful.

Just give it a look and try it (there is a well documented sample code in the note itself), and if you need any further info, just let me know.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sachin

Can you replace

'=P+'.

with

'=P++'.

and try again.

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess that BDC is executed with the default size if it's executed in background mode.

In foreground mode you have to set the DEFSIZE flag to 'X' to have the same behaviour. Otherwise you might have more lines in a table if your screen is large. Line 16 might then be visible in foreground but not in background mode.