cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70SWPM unable to export ABAP+JAVA Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are building our BW Sandbox ABAP+JAVA 7.01 using 70SWPM10SP07_5-20009697.

DB: Oracle

When i tried to export the sap Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 ABAP+JAVA, ABAP export alone is coming. It was not able to pick the JAVA stack at all.

Even i tried to export the JAVA seperately but still ABAP export is coming. Not sure what wrong with this.

I tried with Old SAP Installation master so it was able to pick up the JAVA however due to version mismatch in the installation master and S/W not able to proceed further.

Is there any bug or am doing somethnig wrong? Also any possibility to get SAP Instalaltion master for NW7.01 in SMP.

Regards,

Raja. G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

Just a thought , May be for completeness

Have you entered the correct Java schema ?

Is the DB up ?

Thanks,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manu,

It was not even prompting for the JAVA parameters in SWPM.

Regards,

Raja. G

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you keeping any old version of SWPM? you can try

BR

SS

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

keep the java stack up and running and try to export only the Java stack . During the process SWPM will ask  whether to keep the java stack up  ( ie ,online/offine , here keep it  untick to  take it down )

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with SWPM SP6 which i have its the same.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i select JAVa alone it is still getting the ABAP export not sure. It really looks strange for me. Raised a message with SAP as well

Regards,

Raja. G

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any think below version SWPM SP5 or 4 ? because we also faced some issue in windows environment.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have anythign below SP6. Can you brief you error and how did you resolve maybe i will check.

SAP released any note on this. Please do let me know.

Regards,

Raja. G

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

Can you check sap note ( solution part ) . ( Some of which you have already checked )

1556874 - Incomplete export or incomplete JVM switch

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone. Again basics was missing from my end. Sorry about that.

system/type parameter was as set as ABAP previously. Not sure how it came in the DS system.

Anyhow thanks to everyone.

Regards,

Raja. G

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you remembered i pointed this issue could be of some parameter or env.Anyways thanks for sharing the resolution.

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but i was checking all the JAVA related parameters and missed this one.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for sharing,but required file from which you shared

NW._newSystem(BQA, {

unicode:undefined

hasABAP:true

hasJava:false

dbtype:ora

dir_profile:/usr/sap/BQA/SYS/profile

workplace:false

}, false)

After analysis of recent shared log file

sid: DAA, number: 97, name: SMDA97, host: sapbqa1, Service definition file /usr/sap/sapservices

sid: BQA, number: 01, name: SCS01, host: sapbqa1, Service definition file /usr/sap/sapservices

sid: BQA, number: 00, name: DVEBMGS00, host: sapbqa1, Profile directory /usr/sap/BQA/SYS/profile

process is completely considering JAVA instance here & found no issues in this file.

If possible share the other log files as well.

Regards,

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Will you try to start the sapinst with the below parameter

./sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<hostname>.

Also do share the screenshot of the error which you are facing.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was not throwing any error however it is exporting ABAP alone even when i selected JAVA export alone.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think an issue with SWPM here,issue could be due to non readability of any profile parameters or with env settings at OS level. Best would be to raise SAP OSS for same & share the recommendations.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it is correct but my doubt is when i use the SAP installation master of NW730(older one) it was prompting for the secure storage after that throwing error due to the version mismatch.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

I faintly recollect that I have faced this too couple of years ago, i think you can try and continue the abap export, in the end it should also export out the java part implicitly.

the jload or java migration monitor is available only after sap netweaver 7.0 EHP2 or 7.02 onwards, maybe that's why its not explicitly available as a separate step.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the comment Siddhesh. I did the export once however there was no JAVA folder in the export path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Can you be more specific like which env variable would be causing or paramters?

I already cross checked with all the ENV and parameters.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

It would be very difficult to find out the exact issue without having log files,If possible try to share environment variable values for the user command shell as well as sapinst_dev.log & sapinst.log files .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

Can you just check and confirm us the below parameter in your instance profile:-

rdisp/j2ee_start           = 1

Also screenshot of the instance profiles and SCS. also just once check the sapservices file under /usr/sap/sapservices does it contain your JAVA instance too as in SCS.

Do send us  the details.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Please find the attachment.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

The parameter is available.

Please find the services file entry below.

LIBPATH=/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe:$LIBPATH; export LIBPATH; /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/DAA/SYS/profile/DAA_SMDA97_sapSID1 -D -u daaadm

LIBPATH=/usr/sap/SID/SCS01/exe:$LIBPATH; export LIBPATH; /usr/sap/SID/SCS01/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/START_SCS01_sapSID1 -D -u SIDadm

Regards,

Raja. G

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

If possible upgrade the kernel level from 300 to 400 and above, and then try to do the system copy export.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope the sapservice file is fin in my case.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Could you share sapinst.log as well as sapinst_dev.log from the /tmp directory ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I was nto able to copy the logs due to restriction.

However i find something in the DEV logs as below.

NW._newSystem(BQA, {

unicode:undefined

hasABAP:true

hasJava:false

dbtype:ora

dir_profile:/usr/sap/BQA/SYS/profile

workplace:false

}, false)

Is anything to do with this?

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

No issues.From the content shared,shows JAVA instance is not considered by SWPM.If possible could check with permissions as well as environment variables here,additionally try to restart the complete system & check again.

As 'm not sure here it could be an issue with environment variable settings,Please refer SAP Note  1104735 - Upgrade to the new instance-specific directory on UNIX

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you're following as like

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Yes am following the screenshot as mentioned by you.

Regards,

Raja. G

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Could you refer the SAP Note for your issue

1943545 - Start SAPinst with external SAP JVM binaries

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Our version is higher when compared to note. Hope it should be fine with JVM.

Regards,

Raja. G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Could you share the steps you're following to export JAVA instance from SWPM. Best would be to share snap shot here.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to go with option system copy -> oracle ->source system export ->Distributed system -->central instance export. With this it will export the Java

Thanks,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Mine is not an distributed system.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

I agree , yours in not a distributed system but with the option of central instance export , it will pull the java stuff present at OS level and creates the Java Dump. If it does not pull the Java dump you can cancel the sapinst safely no issue in giving this try

Thanks,

Ali

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

What is the kernel release & level?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kernel release is 721 with patch 300.

Regards,

Raja. G

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case you have to use the SWPM (Not with old SAPINST method it will not catch the new kernel release). Kindly refer the SAP link find the right swpm and then start the export http://http://service.sap.com/gudiefinder - select the OS /DB and SAP version.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am using the correct SWPM version only. 70SWPM am able to list the NW7.0 EHP1 and ABAP is getting exported without any issues. Problem is with JAVA only.

Regards,

Raja. G