Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL_GUI_ALV_GRID message not displayed on <ENTER> event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using CL_GUI_ALV_GRID to display and modify some data where user modifies 4 fields. Modified data gets validated on change event as well as enter event. I display message, if any, in PBO. What I face is, all messages gets displayed perfectly on the status bar if on change event is triggered. But the same does not happen if on enter event is triggered. Also, if the message type is 'E', program terminates unexpectedly, no error, now messages, it simply comes out of the transaction. I checked many posts but did not get feasible solution. Please help.

Thanks,

Ahamed Yashif.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ahmed,

there could be some problem with the toolbar button events and they are not handled properly.

0 Kudos

Hi Raheem,

Toolbar events are not used in this alv. Any other chances?

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahamed,

Pls note that PBO will be triggered not only before screen display alone. It will get triggered each and every time any action is triggered in that particularly screen.

So if you use ALV display there, then you use flag and control it to execute only once. Write only CL_GUI_ALV_GRID coding in PBO.

Write all other coding in PAI (Mdoifying query and Exception Handling should be written in PAI).

Hope this will Help You...

0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

I've taken care of those already. The only problem I face is on ENTER event. It works for all other scenario.

Thanks.

former_member202818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

You should not write error messages in PBO, it will appear as a popup error message and terminates the program.

To trigger data_change event on enter..

create object alv_grid

exporting

i_parent = cust_ctrl

i_appl_events = 'X'.

Regards

Sreekanth