Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Container Information

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one requirement in which I have to display container information

like Bill of lading,container type,container number,Driver name,vendor number etc.a

I have noted this fields are not presented  in standard database.

So we have to create and maintain the Z table.

Then we need to display the report based on the input.

My question is this could be right approach to do this development or any thing else there.

Please reply me.

1 REPLY 1

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamilvanan,

As you mentioned the fields are not available in standard table. In that case you can either choose standard table by appending the new fields or you can create new z-table too.

It depends on maintenance activities. if it is master data, you can prefer the Standard table itself. But make sure that, if we add the append structure in standard table, we need to create the screen for the newly added fields to create/edit the value in Standard T-code.

If the value is going to change continuously then you can choose Z-table itself. if the user is comfortable with Z-table, you can create the TMG and assign the tcode, user can maintain the entry. During report display, we can fetch the new field entries from Z-table based on condition. 

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman