Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call selection screen from an intermediate screen does not trigger Start-Of-Selection again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in from selection screen after uploading a file an intermediate screen is callled in which the redords are displayed with check boxes. Now, If I go back from this screen to selection screen and upload a new file and execute, it still shows the old table values.

On debugging, I could see that the Start-Of-Selection is not triggered the second time and hence, no new data is populated.

I tried Leave screen, Leave to list processing..etc. but does not work.

Can you please let me know how can this be achieved?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

former_member197132
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmin,

use event "At selection-screen output" , and clear all parameters and refresh all select-options in it.

Regards

Shailendra Karada

former_member184367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmin,

Write your select query in event 'AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT'. So that your data in internal table will be refreshed every time the selection changes.

Thanks,

Sneha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha , Shailendra,

But the intermediate screen appears based on the company code and document type entered in the selection screen and after uploading the file.

So, how will it trigger 'At selection screen output' after the inputs are provided on selection screen?

0 Kudos

Hi Dharmin,

you have to clear all the parameters in at selection-screen output.

0 Kudos

Hi Dharmin,

If possible then write code here.

0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

The parameters will get cleared in AT-selection screen output, but then, it does not trigger the start-of-selection event and hence nothing is performed and no data is pulled the second time.

0 Kudos

if possible then write ur code here

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Seems you have not correctly re-initialized data when calling again the selection-screen, if you cannot solve, the lazy solution is to execute a LEAVE TO CURRENT TRANSACTION.

Else give more information on how you coded the

If I go back from this screen to selection screen

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra / Raymond

The code is very big. I am adding the parts where i added my logic.

START-OF-SELECTION.

INCLUDE zsutsosi.

PERFORM table_formatting.

--->> under this form I am passing the data collected from the file uploaded, to the internal table to be           displayed in the intermediate screen with check boxes

After this screen 0100 is called to display the alv

CALL SCREEN 0100.

MODULE USER_COMMAND_0100 INPUT.

gw_code = sy-ucomm.

CASE gw_code.

WHEN gc_canc OR gc_ext.

LEAVE PROGRAM.

WHEN gc_bck.

gcl_grid1->free( ).

gcl_custom_container->free( ).

CLEAR: gcl_grid1, gcl_custom_container.

CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 1000.

-->> When BACK is clicked from screen 0100, it calls the selection screen 1000.

Now, when i change the upload file and execute it again, the AT SELECTION-SCREEN events are triggered but not the START-OF-SELECTION and directly goes to  MODULE USER_COMMAND_0100 INPUT  and repeats with the old table values since, the processing did not happen for the new file.

This is how it is behaving when checked in debug mode. The entire code is way too large as I am making changes in an existing code and cannot paste it.

Please let me know if its sufficient as the main part is why the START-OF-SELECTION is not triggered the second time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Dharmin,

The functionality what you are expecting with your code will not happen.

When once START-OF-SELECTION triggers it will not trigger in the same session again. So make a change in your program for the OUTPUT FIELD.. like

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON <FIELD> - here write the code as you needed.

Regards,

Rafi

0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

There is a block of code written where in the data from file is moved to an internal table. So this needs to be processed. If I code in the at selection screen on field block, how can the earlier block get processed? Moreover, after the ALV screen is called, it again needs to go back to the code line after the CALL SCREEN 0100 statement to further process the code. So then, will this be possible via At SELECTION SCREEN ON FIELD block?

0 Kudos

So I suppose your program is a type "1" program. Calling a new screen 1000 will call add the new occurence of screen 1000 to dynpro stack, and not actually go back  to selection-screen, you don't actually leave the current processing of START-OF-SELECTION, but you stack more dynpros (until dump cause to limit reached).

Replace the CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 1000. with a LEAVE TO SCREEN 0., or SET SCREEN 0., LEAVE SCREEN.. So you will left the dynpro 0100 processing and will reach next statement in START-OF-SELECTION event/form, which will trigger again the true SELECTION-SCREEN if you don't have WRITE statement or an explicit END-OF-SELECTION event.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Using Leave Screen or Set screen leads to the further processing of the program, which should not happen when BACK button is pressed from the intermediate 0100 screen. It should go back to the selection screen and based on the inputs changed, it should again process the code.

I am not sure whether START-OF-SELECTION gets called more than once or not in a session. But if that's the case, then how can I trigger it again, or proceed in such a scenario?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially first file data is moved to internal table and it is displayed in ALV. Now when you go back for processing a new file, your program has to pick and select a new file and execute the program then new file data has to be shown in the ALV.

Try to do this.

Write your functionality of picking the data from input file and passing the data to the ALV in F8 Functionality. Get Function Code of F8 and implement your code in it. By doing it every time when you F8 is executed then the data from the input file is picked and processed further.

Regards,

Rafi

former_member188843
Participant
0 Kudos

I fixed this via define own transaction code. Then in the intermediate-screen's pai use leave to current transaction.

0 Kudos

it is a 4 years old thread, I think the problem has been fixed or bypass 😉