Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field entry correction in T code SE16

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change a wrong field entry in a customized table ZVS09 in T code SE16

could anybody help me with that

I have attached a screen shot of the issue as well as ABAB debugger screen, i want to remove one extra space from field ZCOMTYP

Thanks

Arihant

10 REPLIES 10

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If table maintenance is available for this table, then go to transaction SM30 and remove the space and Save.

0 Kudos

Thanks

0 Kudos

Do you know any process to change it in large qty..i have around 300 materials and want to change all together

0 Kudos

Hi..

I advise to modify the same using TMG(Table Maintenance Generator). If you feel the number of entries are more, download the entries into excel. In excel you can use formula to condense the value. And upload the same into Z-table.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

0 Kudos

Hi -

If you can't maintain it in SM30 manually (using what others said), you can write a small program in SE38 (as its a z table)  where you you select all entries from custom table and modify the field pragmatically and then update the table .

0 Kudos

Hi,

While uploading it is not overwriting existing entries and throwing error

do you know any process to upload it?

0 Kudos

Hi - The field you want to modify is non-key field. And you are trying to insert the records having the same key fields. This will be duplicate records and will not allow to insert.

You can try below approaches.

1. First take a back up of all the records of this custom table in to one excel.

2. Then you can manually edit the records that you are doing (with some formula).

3, Then you can delete all the records from custom table (This is risky, so make sure you have back up)

4. Then upload the data from the excel .

Otherwise, as per my earlier post, you can develop a small custom program to download the records to an internal table, then modify the record and upload the data (using update statement) from internal table to the custom table

0 Kudos

Thanks!!!

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the values in the ztable are manually maintained and If table maintenance is maintained for the ztable, you can correct the entries in SM30 - maintain option or in SE16N.

If its filled automatically, you need to check the source field and the program which fills the value.

Regards,

AKPT

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arihant,

Before updating the value in the database, we use to remove the spaces using condense statement. We also can add the coding in TMG Events to condense spaces.

Also you can create the exit for the Field Domain, inside the exit, we condense the space using our code, using that we can prevent the space for that particular table field.

Also find the below thread

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman