cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decrease the DB size in DB02 t code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have completed all archiving steps and performed compression after for BWREQARCH  Object.

I have seen the data size change by an individual table, but I do not see the change at Overview of the DB size.

Please help me on this issue  how to get the change at Overview level in DB02 tcode.

Thanks,

Bhupal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupal

Can you please provide some more information by what you mean by Overview level in DB02.

In general after deletion activity the size of table is reduced only after re-org of table thus please check if re-org for the table was done.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I mean to say the data size overview in DB02 t code .

I did not do re-org of table.

we will get the details of the data size in DB02 like Data size and log size details right..

from here I would have to decrease the total size from Data.

I just done archive and compression of table .I would like to see the change in yellow highlighted figure (refer image).

Please suggest me the options which are needs to be check while doing  archive sessions.

Regards

Bhupal

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupal

Thank you for the clarification.

The size will be reduced once you perform the Re-org where the system will rearrange the empty spaces and adjust the sized of table.

Thus please ask BASIS team to perform re-org of the table and observe the difference.

Ashish

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have already done reorg, but need to update information in DB02 , start transaction DB02OLD instead and click on Refresh button and then select DB Check & Updates Histories button.

if you need to use only DB02, ensure that the job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR is running regularly (hourly or so).

The SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR job checks the TCOLL table  and executes corresponding reports as per defined frequency.

966309 - Content of table TCOLL in Release SAP_BASIS 700 - 7.02 and 7.31+

Check if the relevant job is scheduled for collecting data for your DB.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Can you please let me know how to do table re-org for the same in step by step?

I have 20 table under BWREQARCH Object. Is there any way to do re-org all the table at once?

Here I am only the person to do re-org.

Thanks!

Bhupal

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhupal,

What is your underlying Database (version etc) ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh,

Thanks for keeping me on posted.

A data base is a collection of information that is typically well organized  in a table/ view.

I am not sure to re-organized the table in BW system. Data archiving and compression of the tables has done, but the change is not reflected in data base size.

Could you please help me on this?

Regards

Bhupal

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhupal,

Have you checked my previous comment properly ? Can you specify which Database your SAP is running on ? What is the database version etc.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh,

I have checked your previous comments, but I did not see the change.

DB02OLD  function is not supported in my system.

My DB system version is DB Release 10.50.2806 SAP Release 730.

I have checked the Job-SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR it is running regularly (Hourly).

I checked TCOLL table also all the reports running successfully by repetition Factor-1.

is there any an other way to check this?

Regards

Bhupal

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupal ,

What is the underlying Database ?

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

DB is MS SQL  Server.

Thanks !

Bhupal

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupal ,

not good in in Ms SQL but believe reorg is not required for MSSQL.

If you know the tables from which data was taken out  check for the db growth of these tables from db02 .

You get the history of the table/database growth from db02 and mcheck for the growth reduction on the date on which  you performed the archiving

Believe you need not worry about  the database if the growth is not immediately reflected because these space  should be re-used later , If your space released is significant and you want to recover the space immediately  ( because you feel this space will not be re-used later )  then you need to check for other ways  to shrink db .

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

MSSQL is auto tuning DB, not much to do, however try checking the thread

Take full backup of your system before you execute any of the commands mentioned, if you haven't tried this before, better try this on test systems or sandbox.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh,

I did not do this script earlier.

Please suggest me, where do I perform this DBCC DBREINDEX Script?

Is it needs to be perform on MSSQL Server or BW System?

Is there any T-code to preform this, if it on BW System?

Best Regards

Bhupal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

The reduction was happened when I archived and compressed the Table

Ex: 23,453 size reduced to 20,231. like this for each table (20).

But I wanted to see the change in Total data size in DB02 as I mentioned in the screen shot  above.

Thanks

Bhupal