SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing rule

t_duyser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have selected a number of 50 different articles of which one (the master) has the highest selling price. The other 49 items may never exceed the selling price of that one article. Is there a way to define in SAP Retail a kind of pricing rule in order to get a warning of a message when one of the other articles gets a selling price higher than the one of the master article? The 50 different items belong to multiple merchandise categories.

Thanks for any reply,

Ton

6 REPLIES 6

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ton,

Can you please mention during which process you are expecting the warning?

Depending on the process, we can suggest a user-exit where you can keep the desired price determination of master article and then compare the master article price with current price. Upon value greater then master price, you can issue a warning message.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

i do not have a particular process in mIND, just when the end user is changing the Price of an article (tr mm42, vk<xx>), he would like to have a warning or error message (in order not to forget to change eventualy the the other prices).

regards,

Ton

0 Kudos

Hi Ton,

Online issuance of a warning message has very little chance as VK11/12 does not do any validation and simply creates a condition record.

In MM42, you can try to put the validation in standard BAdI BADI_MATERIAL_CHECK and method CHECK_DATA_RETAIL. I am not very sure whether it will allow to check the condition record or not. Your ABAPer can tell by putting a break point and then analyze the article data in various internal structures and tables.

Alternatively, you can choose to develop an ABAP report where you display the child articles which has a valid price more than the master article and then send those exceptions to the concerned users for corrective actions.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ton,

I am not sure about a pricing rule but there is a BAdI that might possibly help you;

Transaction SE18 > BAdI Name: SD_COND_SAVE_A

This BAdI is triggered when saving a condition record. I've just had a look and there is a sample Global Trade implementation WB2_SD_COND_SAVE_A (in BAdI detail select Implementation > Overview) to check.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I will investigate with Abap programmer to find the right place for amendment.

Regards,

Ton

0 Kudos

Hi Ton,

You can create an article group (VBG1) with the 50 articles assigned to the group. Then you can make the code changes with the help of ABAP programmer to check whether the child articles in the group have greater price than the master article (XXXX) during price change