cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Context filter - select by Property filter and ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you tell me how to filter the base members of a node(Parent1 property) and another basemember (ID)  in epmcontext filter with description?

I am trying some thing like 

=EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT","PARENTH1=500A";ID=705)&" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT"))

I want base members of 500A and 705 with description in EPMmember selector.

I tried to create PARENTH1 and ID is separate cell and did the cell reference but EPM member selector is blank

ie

A2= PARENTH1=500A

A3= ID=705

A4=A2&";"&A3

=EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT",A4)&" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT"))

Thank you

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Try in this way

=EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT","PARENTH1=500A; PARENTH1=700")

I observed one thing here, if we use ID and PARENT together its showing the blank screen other wise if use the both parent or id its showing accordingly..

I think if we use the both its taking intersection(AND) but I am not sure... Please check once...

Hello Ramana, I understand your requirement, but can you explain the business once why you need only that base member...?

Regards,

Saida Reddy G

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Can you show a screenshot of what you want?

"I want base members of 500A and 705 with description in EPMmember selector. " - not clear!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Vadim

I want to display 501A,502A, 503A,504A,505A, and 705 in EPM Member selector.

Tried to use the formula below but it gives a blank EPM member selector

=EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT","PARENTH1=500A";"ID=705")&" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT"

Thank you

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I do not understand &" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT"))

If you want to limit selection to 501A,502A, 503A,504A,505A, and 705 then:

=EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT","PARENTH1=500A,ID=705")

"," - means OR!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

I am using &" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT")) to display the description.

Want to display both ID and Description

Thank you

Ram

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Want to display both ID and Description" - Where???????

I am completely lost on  what do you want to achieve...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looks like it is not possible to filter by Property and ID in EPMmember selector.

System is throwing error message.

EPMContext is working fine if filtered by PARENTH1 or just by ID but not both.

And I am using &" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT")) along with EPMCONTEXT to display the both ID and Description in EPMmemberselector.

For example if use the

=EPMContextMember(,"PT_ACCOUNT","PARENTH1=500A")&" - "&EPMMemberDesc(EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT"))

On EPMmemberselector , the base members of 500A are displayed with ID and Description. By doing this user don't have to select ID and Description option in EPMmemberselector . There may be other ways of doing. 

Thank you

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test:

=EPMContextMember(,"ACCOUNT","PARENTH1=500A,ID=705")

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Sorry for bringing this topic back, but I have a question regarding this answer. I hope you don't mind...

Currently I have a similar requirement where I need to filter the selection only to base level members of 2+ different parent nodes. According to your instructions I have the following sentence, which throws a "The format for the user defined filter [...] is invalid" error:

=EPMContextMember(;"DIMENSION";"PARENTH1=NodeA,PARENTH1=NodeB")

Using a ";", as far as I've tested, means "AND" and brings up the selector completely empty (*).

Are you sure that the comma (",") means "OR"? If so, could the Excel language be the cause of the error? Do you have any other guidance in how to solve this requirement?

Thanks for all your time!

Best regards,

Joaquin.

BPC 10.1 Standard SP4

EPM Add-In 10 SP20 Patch 2 .NET 4

Edit:

(*) Completely UNTRUE! using the sentence:

=EPMContextMember(;"DIMENSION";"PARENTH1=NodeA;PARENTH1=NodeB")

With semicolon between filters gives the required result. I've noticed that if I use the same "property" in filters (PARENTH1 in this case) with semicolon means "OR", but filtering by different properties means "AND"... Sounds weird but It's what I've seen in my testing.

Eitherway, using a comma between filters, at least for me, throws an error, so the question that needs to be made now if there is a specific operator that means "OR" in every case. Would make things a lot easier and the original problem from this thread would be solved.

Message was edited by: Joaquin Price Arancibia

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like the logic is like:

Different properties ";" - AND, same property ";" - OR

"," - not supported.

PROP1=X;PROP2=Y    -> PROP1=X AND PROP2=Y

PROP1=X;PROP1=Y-> PROP1=X OR PROP1=Y

Vadim

At least on EPM SP 21

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Please see the below link it will be helpful for you ..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3236986

Regards,

Saida Reddy G