cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities check list for Functional consultant in C4C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can any one help me out - What would be the Activities / Task for Functional consultant in C4C from the fresh implementation perspective.

Is there any Best practices or Activity Tracker to complete / Validate.

I understood we need to map BP roles / Transaction / PF's etc which needs to be mapped to C4C - Few of them in ID mapping and few of them in Code list. I looking for the entire list which i can complete / cross check those.

Thanks in advance. Do the needful

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

There is no specific checklist for the activities to be done, however, there are several activities that a Functional Consultant needs to do based on the Scope of the project, let me mention few of the important ones on a high level for you:

1. First step if to perform Solution Scoping in the C4C system.

2. There are different phases in C4C as part of project implementation:

a. PREPARE: Prepare the system for implementation: Create Administrator for implementation, decide Data Migration strategies, Confirm Scope,etc.

b. FINE-TUNE: This corresponds to Customizing in CRM/ECC OnPremise where you need to perform all the Configuration &set up your Customizing based on the scope of the Project, Create Business Users & business Role & do the assignment, create Org Structure, etc.

3. Integrate & Extend: Perform Manual data migration using templates provided in C4C system. If integration is ins cope, then Perform Initial Load of data from the source system to C4C.

4. TEST: Perform unit, regression, Data test, etc. Also, request of Production system(Copy of Test should be performed).

5. LAUNCH/Go-Live: Execute Cutover, ensure Key user enablement is done, Admin of C4c is enables to take over day to day operation/support of C4C & all activites prior to Go-Live are complete.

Set the system to Live.

When integration is in scope, in addition to above activities, perform:

1. Creation of Communication System.

2. Creation of Communication Arrangements.

3. Code List Mapping.

4. ID Mapping.

5. Initial Load of Data.

6. Delta Load checks.

Hope this clarifies at a high level!

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your time and response.

Your response is helpful but not fully answered as it is correct from High level perspective.

I would like to wait for some more responses - Which can help me out from Narrow view.

Thank you

Hari

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

A functional consultant performs same activities on CRM OnPrem or ECC OnPrem project as he would do on C4C, the only difference being the systems!

The activities mentioned by me are the ones that a functional consultant does on a C4C project.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

On the functional side please refer to the following documents on sap help:

- The Admin Guide https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100017092572014E/EN-2.pdf

- The integration guide (depending on how you're integrating) https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100002165402015E/1502_SAP_C4C_CRM_HCI.pdf   This guide provides details of what to map from C4C to CRM On Prem which i found useful.

Also if you go into the Business Configuration, download the codelist and that will give you a list of codes you need to map.  Then perform the automatic configuration of code list mapping.  (steps in integration guide)

I recommend you work with your integration team too since some of these tasks overlap.

Regards

Jo

Answers (0)