cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap cloud for customer test and pro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have a question what are the differences between having a test and a productive system in sap cloud for sales.

Does the support is better in productive ?

The updates get to productive and not to test ?

This questions are because I only have a test system and I am evaluating if it needs to be productive or not.

Also how can I pass all the information from my test system to the productive system ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Please find the answers to your questions. Hope these help.

What are the differences between having a test and a productive system in sap cloud for sales.

----: The difference between C4C Test & Productive tenant is same as it is for SAP OnPremise landscape.

You always implement a C4C Project starting with Test tenant & once you are sure that everything like scope and configs and Integration activities has been accomplished successfully & tested, at that point you request a copy of the Test tenant be made and a new Tenant is given to you which has this solution already and its the C4C Productive tenant.

Please note there is some stuff that needs to be done again on the Production Tenant. For example Integration activities will need to be performed again since you would have integrated your test C4C tenant with Test/quality ECC/CRM on premise system but with production C4C tenant you need to integrate you Production ECC/CRM on premise system. Hence also all the initial data load activities will have to be performed again like Org Structure replication, Account Replication, etc.

Does the support is better in productive ?

-----: I don't think there is any difference in the support provided by SAP for test or production tenant and probably only the turn around time would vary depending on the business impact. Probably someone from the SAP team could confirm this for you.

The updates get to productive and not to test ?

------: By this I am assuming you mean the tenant upgrades that take place i.e. a version upgrade say from 1502 to 1505 etc. For this both Test and Production tenants get upgraded. There are upgrade windows which SAP gives. If i am not mistaken first the Test tenant gets a version upgrade followed by the Production Tenant.

This questions are because I only have a test system and I am evaluating if it needs to be productive or not.

-----: Are you planning on going live with your solution? then you would need a production tenant.

Also how can I pass all the information from my test system to the productive system ?

------: You can perform a solution deployment in the SDK by downloading a copy of your solution in the Test Tenant and uploading the same in the production tenant SDK.

Hope this info is helpful.

BR

Nikhil

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

For more information about how to request new tenants, you can refer to the Infrastructure wiki (login to Business Center is required):

https://wiki.sme.sap.com/wiki/x/GweRBw

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

In C4C, the general landscape is two tier i.e. One Test Tenant & a corresponding Productive Tenant, unlike SAP ERP/CRM OnPremise where you have a 3 tier landscape: Dev->QA->Prod.

The difference between C4C Test & Productive tenant is same as it is for SAP ECC/CRM OnPremise.

You always implement a C4C Project starting with Test tenant & once you are sure that all the configuration, extension & other scope has been accomplished successfully & tested, at that point you request a copy of the Test tenant over to a C4C Productive tenant.

This will copy almost ALL the configuration from Test to Productive tenant, with exception of few elements which would need a repetition on productive tenant as those elements are not copied over from Test to Productive. Example: Org Structure, Job Positions, Integration related configuration like Communication System/Arrangements etc. (You can go into every phase & look under the column "Repetition Required" for more details).

Test tenant is basically a rehearsal for going Live on a Productive tenant.

When its a Customer tenant, whether its a test tenant or Productive the response time from Cloud support is more or less same (bear in mind that Productive tenant would always be Productive and hence there might be a slight difference in turnaround times between Test & Productive, Productive getting a little faster response, however it depends more on the Priority & Business Impact of the issue).

Regarding copy of Test to Production, you can request a Solution Profile (Configuration) copy and you can also ask for Solution profile with Data copy, however, you would generally do only a Solution profile copy since Data might differ between a Test & Productive system when you are integrating with a SAP ERP/CRM OnPremise system as in this case, you will intergation the SAP ERP/CRM QA system to C4C test & SAP ERP/CRM Prod. system with C4C Production tenant.

Hope the information helps!

BR

Ankur

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaun,

This is almost similar as on for On Prem world's Quality and Production system. Functionality are built and tested in test tenant and then once implementation project is completed as per requirement you can request for Productive tenant from SAP.

Configuration Solution is copied from your test tenant to your new Production tenant without the Data and other repeatation required data like Employees, Business Roles, Business Users, etc.

Support from SAP for Production system is much quicker than the test tenant. However updates do get to both Productive as well as test tenant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So all the information I have in my test systema can be migrated to the productive system or not ?

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Not all. As I mentioned above, Data and some Repetition Required Data (Those Activities which have Repetition Required masked as Yes in Open Activity List) are not transferred to the productive tenant.

Other configurations like Organization Structure, Employees, Business Roles, Business Users also need to be maintained again in the Cloud Production tenant.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tthats going to be a problem because we have a lot of opportunities, clients, activitys captured in the test system but thank you for the answer.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan,

You can ask SAP if they can also migrate your Data Copy too onto your Production.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Angela Sparkman and Ankur Godre both are right if you have access that give link by Angela then under that screen you can get information about your questions.

To copy the solution follow the steps:

goto "Service Control Center --> System" as shown below.

Now under the system you have option called "Request Creation" and "Copy Solution Profile" once you select the Copy Solution below screen comes.

Please note that:

• Only test tenant can be selected as target tenant
  • No copy or refresh of data is possible, so the data in the target tenant remains as is.
  • Consistency check is applied which means that only a consistent solution profile can be copied.
  • Veto checks are applied (for example, the copy will fail if required data is missing from the target tenant)
  • If partner solution was deployed to source tenant via SAP Cloud Applications Studio, then the same version must also be deployed to the target tenant and vice versa.

Regards,

Mithun