SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4 HANA for Oil and Gas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When SAP is announcing its road map for SAP S/4 HANA for Oil and Gas strategy. Which functionalities they are keeping from R/3, which they are dropping and which they are adding. How they are planning to simplify this area!!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215587
Participant

Hi,

I am recently checking if the FIN-AA-Parallel could be used in JVA, and see your question, maybe below link could give you some clues.

New Asset Accounting: Ledger Approach and Accounts Approach - SAP ERP - SAP Library

Migration to New Asset Accounting (FI-AA (New)) - SAP Library

New Asset Accounting is available as of SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA 1.0 (EA-FIN 700).

With SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA 1.0,the following constraints apply:

Joint Venture Accounting, the Lease Accounting Engine, Classic RE, and requests from component PSM-FM and IS-PS are not compatible with new Asset Accounting.

Regards,

Annika

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would love to know about this asap

thanks for the post

0 Kudos

All O&G solutions (TSW, PRA, Is-Oil, JVA etc.) are available Now on the S/4HANA on premises edition.  The solutions are partly optimized for HANA but not yet "simplified" (analog to simple Finance).

We are currently working on a industry specific roadmap together with our customers to define the scope and time line of a "simplified" version of the Oil and Gas solutions.  

0 Kudos

Dear Phillips,

whats your view on , All O&G solutions will come on HANA on cloud too?

or due to nature of industry, the customer would prefer more of on-premise HANA than cloud.

what is the market share of SAP in O&G and how good is the solution and how suitable is it

0 Kudos

Dear Saee,

you are right, the O&G industry might be a little bit more conservative compared to others. However, we do see an increasing trend towards cloud based solutions in our industry, too. Most customers are targeting for a hybrid landscape (cloud + on-premises) in the near future. Shifting all (or the majority) of the solutions into the cloud will be the exception. Long-term that might change of course.

One of the guiding principles of S/4HANA is "cloud first". That does Not mean that the functionality/solutions is only available for the S/4HANA cloud editions but that is developed (simplified) in a way that the solution can easily be deployed in the cloud fulfilling required "cloud qualities"  such as UI web-access, cloud printing, self-service configuration etc. . Cloud enabled software can be easily deployed on-premises but not vice versa.

Therefor the simplifications that come with S/4HANA comprise the "cloud qualities" and are an important prerequisite for a cloud deployment. A "simplified" version of the O&G solutions will ensure cloud qualities.

Cheers,

0 Kudos

Dear Phillip,

Cloud enabled software can be easily deployed on-premises but not vice versa.

this could probably be the deciding factory, for every customer : - )

no one would want to block their future...

so even for on-premise, its better to start with cloud and go for hybrid model and i believe

if this lock is there.....

then every on-premise solutions will have a cloud solution.....  

want to see your argument on, any one thinking, i want only on-premise, and i will not be needing

cloud solutions in near future..... also for hybrid customers, cloud first and then on-premise would be pain area.

0 Kudos

hi,

is the roadmap ready yet?  Can yo direct me to more specifics on S/4H for O&G ?

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos

Hi, The current plan is to make the existing O&G solutions compatible with the innovatiopns and simplifications coming with the next S/4 release in November this year (on prem edition). This step is basically a technical enablement without major simplifications or changes in the Oil solutions (like-for-like).  This will lower the barrier for SAP's existing customers to implement S/4 and allow them to immediately benefit from the innovations coming with the S/4 core. In a second step we will tackle the simplifications for the O&G solutions, e.g. UI renovation (FIORI enablement) or other potential innovation topics that are currently discussed. Cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your Info.

S/4 HANA OP1511 plus O&G solution is ready to run ?

Best Regards,

Kiichiro Okajima 

0 Kudos

Hi Kiichiro,

no, the O&G solutions are not available in the S/4HANA OP1511 release. We are planning to enable the O&G solutions with the innovations/simplifications (e.g. new data model in MM) first shipped with the 1511 release by the end of next year (2016).

Cheers,

0 Kudos

See reponse to Seaa Sai

former_member215587
Participant

Hi,

I am recently checking if the FIN-AA-Parallel could be used in JVA, and see your question, maybe below link could give you some clues.

New Asset Accounting: Ledger Approach and Accounts Approach - SAP ERP - SAP Library

Migration to New Asset Accounting (FI-AA (New)) - SAP Library

New Asset Accounting is available as of SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA 1.0 (EA-FIN 700).

With SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA 1.0,the following constraints apply:

Joint Venture Accounting, the Lease Accounting Engine, Classic RE, and requests from component PSM-FM and IS-PS are not compatible with new Asset Accounting.

Regards,

Annika

former_member489223
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Philip, please ...

could you give me a link where I can find the roadmap about this?

Thanks

Elisabetta

0 Kudos

Elisabetta,

please find the offical O&G roadmap here:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/website/roadmaps/en_us/industry/SAP%20Road%20Map%20for%20Oil%20a...

In case you are looking for soemthing in particular that is not covered please let me know.

Regards,

Phillip

0 Kudos
Hello Phillip, thanks

I could make a mistake, but I remember that the last week I saw a presentation with a plan where the SAP S/4 HANA for IS-OIL industry were released on January 2016.

Is it true?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Elisabetta

0 Kudos

Hi Elisabetta,

the answer depends on the S/4 release. All O&G functionality (incl. downstream IS-Oil) is available with S/4HANA Finance 1511 and 1605. S/4HANA 1511 is NOT compatible with the O&G solutions.

With S/4HANA 1610 the full Oil scope is shipped and enabled (except UOM - Upstream Operations Management) which is committed for the 2017 S/4 release. 1610 is shipped end of October this year. All of the above referes to the on-premises edition of S/4. The O&G functionality is NOT part of the S/4HANA cloud edition.

Regards,

Phillip