Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pco connectivity ( MII and Wonderware system) Info required

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We're connecting MII 15.0 box to Wonderware systems using Pco 15.0 SP03 what are the configuration details/credentials/parameters required for a successful connection to Wonderware system? What are the details that we need to emphasize on from the wonderware side to ensure a successful connection?

Regards

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

What Wonderware product are you planning on connecting to?

1. FSGateway (OPC DA 2.05a)?
  2. Wonderware Historian via MII InSQLPCo connector?
  3. Other?

Regards, Steve

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We'll be connecting to Wonderware Archestra SCADA system using OPC DA PCO agent. Therefore, I'm looking for some pointers/considerations that will be of help in establishing this connection. I'm aware that ports must remain open through out for MII, PCO and Wonderware systems- what else do I need to be sure of?

Regards

Rajeev

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If PCo is NOT installed on the FSGateway server, you will need to follow the Wonderware guidelines for OPC DCOM configuration for both FSGateway (server) and PCo (client) instances. I would also recommend that you obtain and install an OPC Client data viewer on the PCo server so that you can independently view OPC tag data from Wonderware at the PCo Server. this will also help resolve any DCOM issues should they arise.

Make sure you follow the Plant Connectivity  Installation Guide specifically during installation of PCo.

Otherwise, you will need to maintain the correct port mappings between PCo AtneQuery Ports and MII so that you can establish any PCoQuery templates to browse tags and retrieve data from the Archesta system.

Regards, Steve

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for the pointers. We've a meeting with the Wonderware guys today and I will get more info from them and revert.

Regards,

Rajeev

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Also Steve, we'll be using the PCo to retrieve the data for approx. 60 tags from Wonderware systems. Will this result in any performance related issue at PCo or MII? Is there any cap on the no. of tags that can be used to fetch data without causing any load on the systems?

What will be the best way- schedulers for PCo queries or any other way?

Regards,

Rajeev

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

60 tags is a very small number, and would be minimal load on either PCo or MII. You can reference the PCo sizing guidelines under Additional information here, and MII Sizing guidelines here.

Regards, Steve

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for all the advice. We need only OEE related data from wonderware historian systems and therefore we have two options:

1)    SAP Pco.

2)    JDBC connection to their historian sql database.

We would like to know which the best option from these two is.  As we know SAP Pco requires additional installation and configuration. Pco is having the advantage of a notification feature as well. We can keep monitor the change of value in a tag.

But at the same time Historian tag values are stored in a SQL database which can be connected from MII. I understand that SQL database doesn’t have notification feature but still we may pull the data through a query which runs on a scheduler.

Also, since OEE dashboard refreshes every minute, then probably the real time data that we can fetch via PCo (for eg every sec,15secs etc).. might not be that productive since OEE dashboard might not display it.

What's your suggestion?

Regards,

Rajeev