cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message could not be delivered to recipient<email addr>.The node gave the following reason (in the language of the node):554 5.7.1 <email addr>: Relay access deni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm facing some issues in testing alerts(rsalertest) and not receiving the mail in my inbox.I'm getting below errors.

Basically my requirement is settingup alerts for errors in xml messages(sxmb_moni) to popup in my inbox.

The message could not be delivered to recipient . The node gave the following reason (in the language of the node):554 5.7.1 <email addr>: Relay access deniSystem ResponseProcessing was ended normally.Additional information of the node used (in the system language of the node):554 5.7.1 <email addr>: Relay access deniProcedure

Please find below Screen shots for the same.

Please help.Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Make sure in address area make * (any domain) or your company domain.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have maintained my official comapny domain name.

But I face problem in testing alerts(RSALERTTEST) and also I have a doubt whether to use via Internet or via Remote SAP.Since I'm new to SMTP adapter config.

It throws and error 812 which denotes:

Diagnosis

The message could not be delivered to recipient <email addr>. The node gave the following reason (in the language of the node):

554 5.7.1 <email addr>: Relay access deni

System Response

Processing was ended normally.

Additional information of the node used (in the system language of the node):
554 5.7.1 <email addr>: Relay access deni

Procedure

Use the documentation of the node to check which actions are necessary.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check below SAP Note.

1496168 - Relay problem while sending mails through SAPconnect using SMTP plug-in

Cause

Consider, that in SAP system NO relay option is available.

The mentioned status informations about relay are ALWAYS referring to an improper relay setting in mail server, not an SAP bug.

In mail server the relay settings are used to accept and then forward mails to the original recipient. Due to this relay configuration, some mails are rejected by mail server and the mentioned status messages are sent back to SAP system to inform the SAP user about the rejection.

Reasons for rejecting a mail by mail server due to relay settings could be:

• Domain part of sender or receipient mail address not accepted by mail server
  • Mail rejected due to security reasons

Resolution

Contact the mail server administrator to check the relay settings of the mail server.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Now am faicng HTTP 404 error in Runtime Work bench. Please find below screenshot.

Please help.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please open a new thread for this because this separate issue.

Close this thread as mention below blog.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

PFB....

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that your mail server(exchange server) allows relay from SAP

PeteNetLive - KB0000542 - Allow a Server to &amp;quot;Relay&amp;quot; Through Microsoft Exchange

Contact your admin for more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for the information.

But in new receive connetor should we maintain PI IP Address??

Also in send method to official outlook should we maintain INT or RML?