cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to refresh and edit queries in BI 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

We just promoted our contents from bi 4.1 dev. To prod.

I have a user “User1” who is a member of Group1 and Group2, I gave both groups full access to the universe folder, to the Universe itself, also to the universe connection. 

However when user1 attempts to:

1.       Refresh a webI document the following error appears: “You do not have the right to access data returned by this universe. (Error: INF)”

2.       When user1 clicks edit query, he gets “No business layer sent back from server” error.

3.       When user1 tries to create a new webI documents that particular universe the report is using is not even in the list of available universes.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209323
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the right given on the webi document?

Try giving Full Access on the webi document as well.

Regards,

~Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you for your suggestion. I added the ENDUSER Access Level to the Top Level Security on Connections (since the universes are secured by user group, anyway), and that resolved the issue.

Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue since our upgrade to SAP BI 4.1 SP5 on Monday. I feel like there must be some new permissions that need to be granted in the Access Level, since our developers who tested in development did not have this issue in the dev region. The developers have the Universe Designer access level in dev, whereas endusers have the ENDUSER Access Level in production and are calling about getting this error.
Does anyone know if BI 4.1 has some new permissions that are necessary for EndUsers to run Webi reports based on .unx universes, that were not necessary in 4.0? Our Access Levels have been customized.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the user a member of any other group for which access is explicitly denied ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Only a member of Group1 & Group2:  I checked member of in CMC and it shows as a member of

Business Objects Users

Everyone

Group1

Group2

Regards