cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4.1 - Backup and restore process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to add a backup and restore process for my new BO4.1 SP5 server.

I'll start with the old method :

Daily :

1 - stop SIA

2 - Backup the CMS database repository

3 - Backup the filestore

4 - start SIA

For restore :

1 - stop SIA

2 - Restore last CMS DB

3 - Restore the last filestore

4 - start SIA

But for restore the entire platform will be recovered.

I've seen that we can use the LCM schedules for backup and selective recovery (when users accidentally delete reports or folders). But can we setup dynamically all reports backup in a lcmbiar file ?

Any ideas I didn't find a way to do that.

Thanks for your answers.

C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cyrille,

I understand that in case to recover single missing report/instance or a folder, restoring a complete FileStore and CMS DB is not feasible/convenient option for us.

I completely agree that Promotion Management or UMT should not be used as the sole Backup Strategy for any BI Platform; however it can be used to export/import a small sub set (typically a folder) of content.

This can form part of an overall backup strategy to complement the other forms of recovery, but is not a complete backup solution on its own.

In order to recover missing contents you need to create a backup using one of the below tools:

1. LCMBIAR using Promotion Management [PM]
  2. BIAR using Upgrade Management Tool [UMT]

I hope this helps!

- Mahesh

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

1275068 - Backup and restore of filestore and CMS database of a BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x/BI 4.0/BI 4.1 system

For reference BO XI 3.5

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0020482-ca8d-2c10-9bad-d1bd332bb...

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

LCM is dedicated for granular backup, it has a limited size and limited objects number that can contains

So you can create Lcmbiar files each one dedicated for object type (webi reports, users and groups, ....)

This can helps you

Regards,

Saloua

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LCM is not meant for backup the repository. It is only used for migration.