cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marketing documents slow to add or read when lots of line items

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if this could be sped up but when trying to read a marketing document with about 30 lines it takes up to 2 minutes while one with one line takes 5 seconds.  To write to document like this takes even more time we can expect about 5 minutes. And when we convert a sales order to an invoice it could take 30 minutes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

First of all check database size.

Database installation drive free size. Specs of server.

Remove all FMS and Stop Add on if you have any to check performance issue.

Archive old unnecessary data.

The scenario you are saying is completely unacceptable and it reduced productivity. So it must be priority to solve.

Regards,

Chintan

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database is 10 gig. I have removed all but one addon on the server side. I have ran the data archive wizard and removed any entries not linked to anything. I manage to save 100 MBs of space but by law we are required to have 7 fiscal years of records ready and I don't want to archive the database to recent years as an audit is a timely process to go through manual records when SAP offers a good portion of the information at my finger tips.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your RAM size is far from enough. Increase RAM or upgrade your server would be mandatory to improve performance.

Thanks,

Gordon

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are FMS? I archived anything prior to the system implementation. The other data even though cold in most sense does help if the bank or government ask about the financials it is easier to go through SAP than through banker boxes in the archive area.

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible to increase RAM on a 32 bit OS and SQL server software? We are running on standard edition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To increase RAM you need to check your board and processor too. Some time it's not not supported more than 4 or 8 GB due to limitations on hardware.

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your server spec, and how many users you have?

Frank

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have 10 users on average. We are a wholesaler/distributor. Our business model was setup for the original B1 setup as a video store. Due to changes in the market the volume of transaction has increased with lower profit per unit. The server is a DELL box from 2007 that we only used in 2008. We had upgrade the disk drives several times. Now we are running on SAS 15K drives in a raid 10 configuration. We have setup the current system where the C drive is 250 gig the D drive to 1 TB (2 sets of 15K drives) and our original drive now denoted as Q for back up.

The Box is a PE 2900. The OS is windows server 2003 R2 and sql server 2005. we are running in a 32 bit environment. the server only has 4 gigs of RAM. We have 2 XEON cpus at 3 Ghz.

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, even this is a 32bits environment, I would still suggest you to get a more memory, and enable PAE on SQL 2005 to use the extra memory.

Frank

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

as you told server RAM size is only 4 GB and the DB size is 10 GB having more then 200 k marketing documents .this is causing the speed issue , increasing  server  RAM Size upto 16 GB can resolve your problem .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to accommodate as per law. So in that case you can't archive old data.

Seems you need up gradation of server.

Also try to shrink your sql log file. You will need to shrink it time to time.

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The log file is shrink automatically because of a task done by RSP. But For SBO common could I make it smaller? It is almost 2 gigs in size the mdf file.

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am running standard edition of both software is it possible?

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is 32 bit software running is there a way as I thought the memory limitation is 4Gb.

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this. This is what i mentioned earlier, it is called Physical address extension.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175581(v=sql.90).aspx

Frank