cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when processing asset under construction (AuC) for WBS element message no cj824

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am getting error message when i change dates in activities.

Error when processing asset under construction (AuC) for WBS element

Message no. CJ 824

i have checked related post but did not find any solution. also check SAP Note but not related to my issue.

Please guide.

thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

This error is generally received when the project creator is different from the WBS creator.

For eg: Project 'XYZ' is created by User 1 with 4 WBS

at later User 2 tries to create 5th WBS . System will throw this error.

Try to create new WBS from the same user who has created the project.

Thanks

Rani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I also encountered with the same issue while undo the status CLSD

Error when processing asset under construction (AuC) for WBS element 1130R-0178

Message no. CJ824

Root cause

The AUC was already deactivated in the past i.e.in 2020.

Path:- CJ20N- Select the WBS- go to Edit--> WBS element--investment program-->Asset under construction--> change asset master --> Deactivation on is 31.12.2020

hence system is not allowing to undo the CLSD by giving that error

Solution;

I have changed the deactivation date into current date and saved the project.

Now the system is allowing to the same function

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am getting same error while changing any value in activity or any WBS.

please guide how to resolve this as this error is coming repeatedly.

i have searched all SAP Note like 2094106, 2181895 etc but these are related to same error but reason is different : while closing WBS or changing status.

please put some light on this as this is very urgent.

thanks

Sunil

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you have a corrupted AuC.  You will need a developer to run the transaction in debug to see what is wrong with the Asset.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

we have encounter the same in multiple projects/WBS for some time after that was disappeared.

last time, in April month we encounter the same situation when this thread was started. the same happens yesterday.

for this i have raised to SAP but they asked me to recreate same situation but how can i create the same as this is temporary for some time but during that time we have tried to save many projects by changing values maintained but unsuccessful to save. system throws this error every time.

Today, when we processed same project and tried to save then system did not throw error and save successfully.

i am not getting the system behave due to temporary error for some time. but this error hampers the Business Process.

Please suggest what to do.

thanks

Sunil

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but there isn't an easy answer to make it stop.  When it happens you need to be ready with a developer who can debug.  You need to isolate the variables that cause the error.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Actually this was faced by Business User in Production System and this error come once in a while and disappears automatically. so its difficult to analyse by debug. next time i will try to debug on same time this error comes.

Please let me know if you found any resolution or steps to be followed to avoid this error.

@ Dear all: if anyone faced this type of situation please guide me how to resolve this.

thanks

Sunil

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would check how the asset value date is determined on AUC. This has something to do with your issue.

Is this field greyed out?

Try removing this field using AS02 before changing the WBS master data.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

check the asset class,it should be for investment asset and not the ordinary asset class

also check the investment profile and asset class under it

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

i have checked all assignments but no error or missing field found.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi as you mention the programme RAUNVA00 please  use SE80 system will show were you have missed kindly check thanks

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run authorization check (SU53) when you get that error in CJ20N. It seems some authorization is missing.

With regards

SR

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per previous replies from threads/posts i have already checked for authorization. all authorization are given to user.

thanks

Sunil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Also check whether there is any authorization issue occurs on this.

Check the Validations also, since this message is a common message for many errors.

Regards

Terence

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

this is not a authorization issue as i said in previous replies.

this seems like system bug. now this error is not coming as per user.

thanks everyone for replies

thanks

Sunil

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error text?

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Please check below screens:

according to this error message AUC has some missing field or some incorrect value. but when i checked via program RAUNVA00 which will display

Incomplete Assets - Detail List.

but this program does not return any incompleteness.

i found many threads and SAP Not but none of is related to my program. this problem comes when i change dates in activity and save the project.

Please suggest what to do now.

thanks

Sunil

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

run AS02 with the AuC number and see what the real error is.  There is something missing on the asset master.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

i have checked Asset master but nothing was missing.

i checked using Program RAUNVA00 as Mentioned but no error found.

thanks

Sunil

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please open the AUC via AS02, change the description by inserting a fullstop/period (.) in the end and save.

At the time of saving it should hit an error.

Mostly either the change in the configuration of Depreciation Areas, or modifying some fields as mandatory in Asset master is the cause of the error.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to make a change and SAVE to the asset with AS02, you should get a more detailed error message.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me as i have seen various note like

etc

please guide

thanks

Sunil