Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Split and MD67

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

May I ask your advice/help on one of the issue/point I have during PIR creation.

Requirement is to have the monthly PIR at the last working day of the month which is working fine.

Here is what I did:

1. I defined distribution strategy (ZFCT) with Function S50 with 02 type

2. Defined Period Split (00001) for automatic split with 52 in first column (W. in D.) and 52 in 2nd column (No. wks) and distribution key ZFCT in last two columns.

3. Assigned period split to MRP Group for the required plant.

4. I also allocated Version and Split for auto splitting to reference.

after setting all these configuration, I created PIR monthly.

I was expecting that these PIRs should be split automatically to the last day of the month, but it did not.

Then I used MD67 to split these PIRs and I got the required results. PIRs were then split to last working day of the month.

Attached are screen shots showing MD04 screen before MD67 and after MD67.

Here my questions is, is it possible to have this split automatically without using MD67 OR is it mandatory to use MD67 to have it?

If I understand automatic split (also gone through various SCN posts), I am expecting it to be automatically as soon as I create the PIRs in MD61.

Kindly request your help/advice here.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The IMG activity documentation provides the following information:

With the function "automatic splitting", planned independent requirements created using a reference are split automatically according to a period split that you define.

It means that PIRs will be automatically splitted when you are using a reference, for example, transfering from APO or from SOP.

If you are creating PIR manually, on transaction MD62 go to tab page: Sched. lines, menu: Edit -> Split perd online.

Otherwise, you should run MD67 to split the PIRs.

BR
Caetano

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thank you very much for your support.

I was not able to understand "using a reference" which you explained to me.

Best regards,

Sandeep Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

It cannot be automatic you need to use MD62 or MD67.

By assigning the split period in the MRP group OMPS you will have PIR according to Period.

Or you can schedule batch job for program RM60ROLL as per  distribution function is defined in the used period split defined in transaction OMPH.

Also BAPI_REQUIREMENTS_CHANGE can be helpful.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar