Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays when updating the Fo from an Fu event

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55888

Dear experts,

we have created an Event Z-UNLOADED. It sets the status back to not loaded and removes the FU from the FO. In certain situations, it could be when the Fo is blocked by the Cockpit, it takes time that the removal is happening. We know that there is a Trigger Report that updates synchroization between the FO and the FU. /SCMTMS/PROCESS_TRIGGER_BGD. There is a good Podcast that explains the Trigger concept. But, we run the Report and still the updates do not happen. Can someone help?

Regards

Answers will be rewarded promply. Your help is much appreciated.

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Petra,

when you say "updates do not happen", do you mean the status updates? Meaning the FU's are not updated with the status.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deb,

we are posting an Event on the Fu and the things on the fu work, but the things that are triggered by the FU Event, but are related to the fo do not work. It really seems to be a locking issue or what do you think? I just got the advise to Transfer the coding to the ChaCo Strategies sicne These are protected by the Trigger concept.

regards

Petra

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

what I understand is that you have some custom coding that is triggered by the FU event. And the custom coding is changing data on another TOR instance (the assigned freight order). Right? Is the event itself being propagated to the freight order or not?

How the custom coding has been implemented? In an enhancement? If yes, where? Or in a custom determination? Or something else?

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you are right. I am posting an event on the FU and then I want to post an Event to the related FO if all FUs attached to the FO are loaded. I thought propagation is not an Option because I want to post the Event to the FO only when all FUs are loaded. I thought propagation is only possible when I post the Event to the fo and I want to propagate to all FUs. But, since we can have some FUs that are not loaded,it has to be the other way round: first each individual FU and then the FO when all FUs are loaded.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

the standard propagation should work here. If an expected event is reported on FU it will be propagated to assigned freight order if it already has been reported for all freight units that have an assignment to the freight order for the corresponding stop (stop has to be referenced in the event). This standard propagation is, of course, implemented lock safe, i.e. trigger is set if freight order is locked at this point of time.

Unexpected events will be propagated always.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

first of all, thanks for your quick answers which really help. In our system, we post 2 Fu Events as LOAD_END and no statuses are updated and also no fo Event is posted as LOAD_END after all Fus are posted. We had to develop enhancements for this.

Our enhancements do 3 steps: 1. update the Fu Status on stop Level, 2. check if all fus related to this FO stop are loaded 3 if, so, we post an Event on the Fo because this updates the logistical execution Status on the fo Header and we need it. We did this in EM function modules. Our Intention was to move this to the chaco strategies which we call via a condition whenever a new Event is posted. As advised by Patrick Hornig, tese strategies are protected by the Trigger concept. However, if you tell me how I can achieve all of this using standard propagation, of course I will do it. Please indicate which settings may be missing.

We do not Need Propagation from the FO to all FUS, we Need Propagation to the FO when all FUs are loaded.

Greetings and best regards

Petra

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

the standard propagation should work as you require, which means event will be propagated from FU to FO when this event has been reported for all FUs assigned to the same stop of the FO, if the following prerequisites are met:

• The reported event is an expected event for the FUs and for the FO
  • The event is reported with reference to the stop
  • Event has assigned stop category either Inbound or Outbound
  • FU type and FO type are execution relevant and execution propagation mode is set to "Standard propagation"

I am not aware of any other settings necessary. If the propagation does not work, you should maybe open an OSS message.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many tThanks for this valuable Information. I will take it into account. I have rewarded the Points. Regarding the stop category, which field is that in the bapi structure?

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The stop category is assigned in SAP TM customizing to the event (SPRO -> SAP Transportation Management -> Transportation Management -> Integration -> Tracking and Tracing of Processes and Documents -> Define Transportation Activities for Tracking and Tracing).

The reference of an expected event to a specific stop is done when the expected event is extracted. For this the field ITEMIDENT of the expected event data is used - stop key is put in there. You can check the standard extraction function modules such as /SCMTMS/EXTR_EE_TO for reference. If such an expected event is reported via SAP EM, this is automatically taken into account when event is propagated with standard activity TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF to SAP TM.

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (0)