cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple option to have synchronous numbering?

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a simple solution to have synchronous numbering in C4C with ECC integration in both ways for the following objects?

• Employee
  • Materials
  • Cusomers

Best Regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Florian,

do you mean that the number is the same on both C4C and ECC?  Or do you mean something else?

-ginger

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

exactly.

TypeECCC4C
material47114711
customer08150815
employee99919991

If created in ECC and send to C4C the numers should match. If created in C4C and send to ECC the C4C number should come from ECC as it is the leading system.

Best Regards

Florian

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

Please refer the below document for this.

This will explain how to sync the ID from ECC with C4C.

Regards,

Chandan

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

yes, I had read that one, too. But there is still some gap for me.

If the BP is created in C4C a number "4711" (because of external number range definition) has to be assigned. Now it is synced to ECC (where automatic number ranges are defined) and gets "9876".

So how would now be the C4C customer number be updated to be identical to the ECC ones?

From ECC creation to C4C replication I do not see an issue at all, as the ECC # would be passed then.

Best Regards

Florian

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Florian,

Unfortunately I haven't try this, but as I can see if mapping InternalID from C4C web service directly to KUNNR on IDOC can solve the your query if the Internal Number Range from C4C is adjusted so as to match the expected number range on ECC.

Try this once and confirm.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Recently we had a discussion about this. In the case where the customer is created in C4C and replicated to ECC - why does it matter if they are the same?  It's a new customer, so it's not like the sales rep is attached to the customer number - the external ID is displayed if they need to call in support on the ECC side. 

From the users perspective - is this really important to them?   I've heard different opinions. 

The case we hear that is most strong is products in ECC - those product numbers are known - maybe they have been the same for years, and they want the same product number.  But, for customers the demand is less -and for new customers, like just created in C4C, even less.

your thoughts?

-ginger

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

I partly agree. For customer it might be not necessary as the name counts most for sales reps. As I am a SAP ECC consultant, it would see only one leading system for the whole master data topic including numbers. So for customer numbers it might not be a problem at all from a customer perspective.

For material numbers I totally agree that they are often very old ones and everyone is used to them. As materials are often more complex they should be created in ECC. So I thought based on Chandans blog why not passing the SAP material # to the C4C internal number to keep it in line during the material master replication from ECC to C4C. Our customer where we are currently implementing C4C creates materials only in ECC. So far I was not able to find the C4C internal # withing the iFlow mapping.

Best Regards

Florian

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

For Material replication, customize the message mapping in the middleware to map MATNR from ECC IDOC to element ReceiverID in the MaterialMassReplicationRequest Web Service.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

If its only Products/Material from ECC to C4C of course, I can suggest a simple solution on this if that works for you.

Bring your ECC materials into C4C. The ECC material no. is stored under the field External ID in C4C & the internal Cloud Product ID in the field Product ID.

You can hide the standard field Product ID (which stores Cloud internal ID for Product) & rename External ID to something like SAP ECC ID or Product ID.

When a user will see the Product, they would only see SAP ECC ID for Products under the External Id field which as mentioned above you can rename to whatever you want to, since you will hide the field Product ID which stores internal Product Id of C4C.

This does not need any custom work neither any mapping change on the middleware.

Hope this helps.

BR

Ankur

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

I finally got chance to try the customization to get the Product Internal ID on C4C equal to Product ID on SAP ECC. You can refer the below screenshot for middleware customization.

You can also refer the documentation for same.

Regards,

Chandan

Answers (0)